Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #1  

Default ANOTHER Newbie!

Hi, all. I'm a 50-year-old (how did THAT happen?!) woman from Mississippi, and I'm ready to get serious again about my health and my weight. I know from experience that I do best with support; that's why I'm here.

I've been overweight my entire adult life, but a year and a half ago, a switch suddenly flipped and I lost 45 pounds in 5 months almost without trying. Well, it seemed EASY, anyway. But life crept up on me and I've gained about 20 of it back. Since I hadn't reached my goal, I now have about 50 pounds to lose.

I'm finally happy in my life--married to my childhood sweetheart after a 25-year separation, working at my dream job, etc. BUT I also have been diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure (both of which "went away" when I lost weight). I want to stick around to see my grandkids (6 right now and one on the way) grow up, and I want to be able to go places and enjoy life with my sweetie for a long, long time.

SO I'm here, and I'm serious. I'm looking forward to getting to know lots of you along the way.
SilverSonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SILVER ~ you will find lots of support here. We have a group for 50-somethings, who will understand your feelings. I just turned 49 y/o and wondered where the last 15 years went too ~ lol! Take a look around and jump in wherever you want to; come back and post often becuz that really seems to help ...

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #3  

Welcome Silver!! Glad you found us!!

I look forward to seeing you around!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Wonderful that you are enjoying your life so much now, and want your body healthy so that you can continue to for a long time. Our weight really does impact on our health in so many ways.

We have a great group in the 50+, called the Golden Girls. A bunch of really nice, supportive ladies. Come on over and check us out.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote