Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello Fello Chicks!

New here.

Looking for help, motivation, support.

I really wanna detox from sugar.

I work 12 hours overnights...which is hard when you are trying to eat right.

I have 2 kids.

The site looks great.

~Ellen
QA Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #2  

Location: I live in far west Texas - and I love that good ol' southern hospitality and good ol' southern food!

S/C/G: 255/227.4/150

Height: 5'7"

First name:Ebby

Geographical location: Far West Texas

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: 27, 24,22

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: Reading and research on current educational topics, playing games (cards, dominoes, board games)

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel (green, brown), mousey brown and grey (if it was natural) sort of a reddish brown after coloring

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today's date is 01/19/08; however I started the current round of dieting 01/07/08.

Starting Weight:255

Present Weight:246

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: binges

Following any specific plan: Using Fitday.com to track calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Having the online journal at fitday. It makes it so much easier than any other I've tried.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need help and support, but availability of meetings like weight watchers just aren't close enough to us. I've enjoyed reading the help and support others receive here so I'm hoping to get the same for myself! It seems to be a nice friendly spot to help keep me going in the right direction! Hopefully, I can be helpful to others as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chunkydunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I should also mention, I live in the land of frozen Tundra...MINNESOTA in the good ole US of A.

I am currently going thru a separation/divorce. Working nights presents major challenges for healthy eating. Especially because every other week I am off for 5 nights in a row--so I stay up, bored and want to EAT!

Anyone else work nights?
QA Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

and congratulations on your weight loss so far! I don't work nights now, but I did in the past and it was so tough. It sounds like life is pretty crazy for you - to you for sticking with your journey.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 287.8/????/180

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hey Ellen! Welcome first of all! Though I don't post much, I have found this website to be a fantastic pillar of strength. I don't think I would have lost weight the way I have for the past month without it.

I work in a call center from 3-11, so I know how you feel. I am at my worst on my off days because I'm sitting around bored too. I will say that I'm pretty good about not eating the bad stuff, but I eat more of the good stuff than I'm supposed to. It's just something to do.

If you need any help, support, a thumbs up or pat on the back, feel free to pm me! I'm also in with a group trying to loose a set amount of weight before Valentines day and they are a fantastic bunch who I'm sure would love to have another person join in on the fun! You may want to check it out... I can't post the link, but if you'll look under my profile and search my posts, you'll find the thread. Of course you don't have to, but joining that or another goal oriented group may help you get started. Have fun!!

Last edited by marauderpig25; 01-19-2008 at 04:59 PM.
marauderpig25 is offline   Reply With Quote