Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Ready to loose

I have been here for awhile trying to find my way around. I am ready to jump in and start getting healthy. There are tons of movation here and that is what I need. I am 48 and tired of being fat. I weigh 200 and would like to loose 50 of that. I know this is a life change and that is scary. I do love my comfort food but the good side is I love veggies too. The only thing I dont like that may be a problem is sea food. My DH is thin but very picky about what he eats. he hates veggies. So I am trying to feed him and I the same stuff and it doesnt seem to work. He can eat all this candy and not gain a pound. Uggg! Anyway, I have found that I am an emotional eater. I did quit smoking 8 months ago after smoking since I was 16. DH still smokes. I guess my point is that I know I can do this if I just put my mind to it. I am an empty nester and eating really does make me feel better. But I am here to gain control. Sorry for the rambling.
sunflower48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/124

Height: 5'2"

Default Welcome Sunflower

Don't be sorry for rambling, Sunflower. It helps all of us when you tell us what's going on with you. I am new here, this month, myself, but I can tell you that this is a wonderful group of people. Whenever I come here I find so much encouragement--it almost makes all this change easy.

I think it really does get harder for us to manage our weight as we get older. I never had a problem in my earlier years, but I've suffered from a chronic illness for 20 years and ten years ago I started gaining weight. I'm 62 now and for the last few years, it seemed to me that nothing was going to work to get any weight off. But--now I have found a sympathetic physician who is really helping me, and I'm watching what I eat and planning ahead, and it doesn't seem to hard. I've taken off a few pounds too (a very few, but to me anything is encouraging).

What I mean to say is, this may not be as hard as you are thinking right now. Once you get into it, there really is hope and you really can do it. So many people here are--of all ages and all kinds of circumstances. You are not alone in this.

Arabella
Arabella1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the warm welcome Arabella. I am sorry to hear about your illness. Your new doctor sounds wonderful and I wish you the best of luck. I think we have both found a great place to help us loose our weight.
sunflower48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #4  
I See Less Every Day

Welcome This Is The Place To Be You'll Get Tons Of Tips, And Support! Good Luck!
clessofme is offline   Reply With Quote