Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #1  
I will be a fit chick

S/C/G: 128/128/108

Height: 4'11

Default I think about loosing weight 24/7! Its an obsession...

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new here. Not new to the topics however. I have yoyo'd for about 24 years now. I currenty am about 20 pounds overweight. I think about my weight, working out (or lack thereof), dieting, how I look, CONSTANTLY. It seems to get worse as time goes on. When I am at or close to my goal weight, I am a totally different person. I feel great, I am more out-going and I have a ton of confidence. When my weight goes high, everything suffers because I can't get my mind off how to get (the weight) off again. Things around home do not get done as well, I feel like I am not as good as mom I could be, and at my office, where I am the manager, my mind wonders. The list goes on. Now here I am, I have spent probably 2 hours today on-line, thinking and posting about loosing weight. Its an obsession that has taken over my life. Has anyone else felt like this? Aside from getting it off, I don't know what to do.
Twentytogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #2  
Redhead22296

S/C/G: 160/145/135

Height: 5'2ish

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I am the same way. It's all I talk about, all I think about. I am constantly on the website too..... Don't worry - I'm sure we are not alone either!!!
Redhead22296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

I can totally understand what you are talking about. I also think about my weight and appearance constantly. I spend most of my online time looking up topics such as: eating for weightloss, diet recipes, or anything related to how to lose weight. The crazy part about it is I spend so much time learning how to lose weight, but constantly cheat and fall off my diet. so basically I feel great when I am attempting to be healthy and then, in the same day, eat stuff that makes me feel guilty, and fat. OK blah, blah....enough about me. I totally get what you are saying. Hang in there! I have read stuff that says if you stick with it, as time goes on your thoughts will not constantly be obsessed with weight. Hopefully that will be the case.
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I was there in the beginning. DH complained that it was all I ever talked about. As time goes on, and I realize that this is a lifestyle change - not a diet, and as I realize that this is a "forever" commitment, I become less obsessive about it. While I still spend a lot of time, shopping, planning menus, planning exercise and exercising, and of course coming to 3FC, I feel that I am finally "getting back to normal" and becoming a more "well-rounded" person again - at least personality wise - NOT physically
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote