Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Another newbie!

Hello all. I'm sure this place is flooded with newbies as the New Year begins. I've decided this is a year of change for me on several levels, my weight being one of them.

Basically, I had never had a real problem with my weight until I started a job where I sit at a computer all day. I was always very conscious of what I ate, and worked out regularly, and kept an eye on my weight. However, with the job, which I started almost four years ago, I started eating fast food for lunch, sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day, and neglecting my work outs.

Slowly, but surely, the pounds creeped on, and now I find myself at 235 pounds. I could feel myself gaining weight, and became afraid of the scale. Now I regret that. It would have been so much easier to see myself at 165 and get things under control. But I am learning from that mistakes and owning up to my weight before it gets even more out of control.

I've tried several diets over the years, but have always done it somewhat secretly, because I was ashamed for people to know that I was acknowledging I was overweight. I decided to sign up here, and join Weight Watchers, because I think a support group will help me along. It will also encourage me to be accountable to more than just myself.

So I am going to try to be fairly active on here, and am looking forward to starting a weight loss plan and a new way of life.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey GirlAnachronism, and

Have you seen our Weight Watchers forum yet? We have people on both flex and core, and plenty of support, so please check it out!

Going to a regular ol' desk job has been the downfall of MANY. The good news is, when you work in such a job, getting out and exercising actually feels EXCELLENT...your body is so happy to get up and move at the beginning or end of that long stretch of sitting. My workouts are truly one of the most enjoyable parts of my day.

As to being secretive...truly, people don't just us 10% of what we think they are! At any given time 75% of the US population is in some way "considering or actively watching what they eat", so don't worry about it! Just wait until the compliments start rolling in!

Anyway, settle in. Can't wait to get to know you better soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote