Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/249/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile New from Michigan

Hello all!! I am so glad that I found a site like this! I am a 24 year old single mom. I was never really what people would term "skinny" but now I'm up to 250. I have tried to lose the weight before but without luck. I hate to say this, actually i hate to even admit it but, I am obsessed with food. I just love it. I have known i have needed to lose weight for a long time now but didn't realize how big i have let myself get until recently. I was out with all of my Friends and they were all taking pictures.( i should have hid!!) Well, now looking at them i don't even recognize myself. So as of Jan 1st have decided enough is enough!! I WILL get my life back. Yes, losing this weight will make that happen. I am sure some of you know what i mean. I feel like I'm trapped inside someone Else's body! So If anyone would like to share their suggestions I would be so grateful

Thank you!
Heather
Dayvie0827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome from another Michigander
Why don't you spend some time browsing the site (particularly the different plan reviews) and some of the plan-specific forums? The real key is to find a plan that will help you change your lifestyle so you can lose weight and maintain that loss for the rest of your life.
I will put in a plug for calorie counting here. I love it! Like you, I love food The thought of "banning" foods from my diet did not appeal to me. Portion control has always been my downfall. I eat 6 small meals every day, so I never feel deprived. I do try to pick nutrient dense foods, and avoid empty calories as much as possible. I do love a glass of red wine and dark chocolate though - so I include them in my plan.

Come back and post often - feel free to post questions. You will find 3FC is a wonderful support community - it has been a big part of my success over the last 6 months
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #3  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

'Ello Heather

We're about the same hight and weight, So I know what you are feeling right now. Being trapped inside a body that dosn't feel right.
But everyone is different so what works for me (once I find it)..may not work for you. So all i can say is try, try, try. Everyone, has something that works for them.

I second the calorie counting. It sounds like a chore, but try it for a week. I thought I knew what I was eating, turns out I was WAY over what I should be eating. It's very important to learn how many caloires you're eating Vs. how many you are burning. knowing your BMR is a good tool. (the calories you burn just living, breathing ect.) I try to eat just under that many calories (which puts me at 1600 calories a day)

good luck. remember baby steps are better than no steps at all.. or impossible giant steps.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #4  
Mavs gamma

S/C/G: 217/199/145

Height: 5'4

Default a michigander here too!!!!!!!

Hi there I have been in the site looking around for 2weeks I love it here. I have lost 8lbs on ww. I am staying home doing it. I have all the stuff from the last 2 times I went , but, this time I am determined for this. I hope I can make some friends in here, and get more support. Everyone is losing so much weight. I have always had a hard time losing. Was not a large child, I grow up rather thin. But the last 15yrs I have been around 185 to 200lbs. I was 215 and now 207. I need to get to 185 by march 12th my birthday,,,,yayayay . I need this for my childson Maverick. He is the light of my life, I have fallen in love with him. It is true you should have them first , well anyway, I need to get around better. my legs and everything else hurts. I always give up and I hate that about myself. My hubby of 27yrs, has never ever said a word about my weight , he chases me around the house just like when we were teenagers, we are highschool sweethearts, I would love to rock his world one more time. Make him proud, even though he says he is, I would love to knock his socks off. I am so excited for the future of this diet, I know I can do it this time.
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #5  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

Hello from another Michigander,

I am still looking for a walkin Partner.. if anyone is from the central area?

I am 36 ( yeah oldie lol) and have 3 Kids..
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote