Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #1  
Ready to lose!

S/C/G: 230/224/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking Hi everyone!

My name is Niki, I'm a sahm to two little boys. I'm about to make some serious changes and I'm looking for support and hopefully to make friends with people who are going through these same changes. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. The problem is, I LOVE FOOD. All kinds of food. And I'm not a big fan of exercise. Soooo...those two things combined and of course I'm going to be overweight....obese actually. I've been feeling more aches and pains the past few months, and I've decided that it's TIME. I need to lose this weight. I don't know how much longer my poor body can take the strain. So, here I am. I started at 230lbs, and after walking every day since the end of October, I am at 224. I haven't changed my diet at all as I wasn't ready to make that committment, but I am now. I've obviously never stuck with a decision like this before, but with the way my body feels, I need to change my lifestyle. I know there's a thin, healthy, happy girl inside of me, and it's time to let the world see her! I AM READY!
motivatedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #2  

Congratulations!! Take one day at a time, if we can get through today, tomarrow is bound to be easier. I'm new also and have the same down-fall. I love food too!
OB RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

I can't say enough about walking! What a fabulous and relaxing way to get fitter (more fit?).

You, my dear, are far ahead of the game. Most of us think we need to start with a diet and then think we should dream up some exercise. You've already got the hard part figured out.

You'll be amazed at the huge difference cutting back a little on your eating will make. And if you're having trouble figuring out how you want to do that ... just ask!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #4  
Ready to lose!

S/C/G: 230/224/140

Thank you for the support! I am usually one who diets and then adds in the exercise part, or starts both all gung-ho. But this time I've had to start walking because I started a paper route, so I don't have much of a choice! Isn't it something that I will wake up early each morning and battle the snow and cold to keep my committment to others, but I would NOT do that for myself? No way would I be out there walking every morning if I didn't have to! I don't mind it though, as I'm not walking with the intent to exercise, but in walking I AM exercising each day, so the weight loss and body changes I am seeing are a nice added bonus. Now I need to really put forth the effort and change my eating habits and I will be good to go!
motivatedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Some times we need an extra kick like that. A sort of freebie. Your new job does part of the work for you and all you have to do is fiddle with your food.

Sounds good!

Are you finding lots of ideas and inspiration here at 3FC? Is there anything I can help you find?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

I am totally with you, Niki. I've had the moment of clarity when I realized I was actually going to stick to it and lose weight instead of half-way trying with some fad or another.
foucault is offline   Reply With Quote