Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/191/150

Height: 5' 2"

Default Newbie needs advice

I am new....and I am at my bursting point-weight wise. I have never weighed this much before, ever. I have to get serious about my weight and health. It has been a rough couple of years, and my waist has grown as a result, but it is now time to take control of my weight and my health.

I have not chosen a specific diet just yet, but I have been doing alot of research. HELP??????? Which one do I chose????????????? Sooooo many choices.

Thank you, T
tinapearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

!!!! Good for you for choosing to put your health first ^^

There are a lot of choices for eating & exercise plans and I think it's great, but it's also confusing. It takes a little time, but you have to go with what you know about yourself. Usually, I suggest that people begin by counting calories just to see what they're eating & what types of foods they're choosing. Sometimes what we need to know is where we are in order to know where we're going.

I personally, though, follow Weight Watchers. I've found it to be the best plan that will lead me to success. It's a plan that I can wrap around -my- life, and doesn't cut out any foods. All foods are "on plan" if limited. That's what was important to me about my food.

You must do the same. Ask yourself what is important to you about your eating for the rest of your life? Are there some things you could do without for long periods of time or forever? Like white pastas & rices for example? Once you know a little bit about how you eat, you may be better able to select some plan that will fit into your life the best.

The last thing is that remember your life is a work in progress, so your plan will be, too! People who follow plans will & do make small changes so that they are more satisfied but still are healthy.

You CAN do this!!!! Don't forget that you don't have to pick a plan "forever" right now. You might try one for a few weeks and realize "Heck no...". It's okay. Try another... You'll find one!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote