Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default God I've been here so long--off and on.

I'm SO SICK of this place. Even though I absolutely love it, I hate that I need to be here off and on, again and again.

I've tried just about every diet under the sun EXCEPT the whole "eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full" Which is probably the only way that a 'diet' will work. Cuz it's unrealistic to think you can stay on a particular 'plan' for the rest of your life. Good on you who have beena ble to do it, I am CLEARLY not one of those people.

I've started to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full awhile ago. I don't own a scale but I've gone down one pant size. My goal is to go down one more size by the end of january. I already bought the jeans and all...and I certainly don't want them collecting dust in my drawer.
I used to jump right into excersize, but I'm too out of shape to do that, so I quit relatively quickly. Does anyone else do this?

So, these days I started elipticaling (yes I made up a word ) for five mins 3 days a week. Sad, I know! I go up a bit every week. Now I am at 15 mins 4 days a week. My goal is to get to 30 mins 5 times a week. I'm only maybe 2 weeks away from that goal. It seems a lot more sensible. And THAT is the word of the rest of my life I hope, doing things sensibly. AUGH. Anyone else been here forever? Am so sick of the yo yo. Just looking to vent and maybe for some support. Hope everyone is doing well!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Lottie
First of all congrats on going down a pant size that is great. Second, most of us have learned diets don't work. The journey we are on to a more healthy thinner person is a lifetime journey not just a journey to a certain number on the scale. It is always a good idea to check with your doc. Find out how many calories and fat and carbs you should be taking in. Set a general, very general guide line for yourself. You just might find you can eat more than you think. Or maybe make a plan for yourself that includes all the required amounts of the 4 basic food groups. Eat healthy and with moderation. Some people find plans like ww and JC work for them. No matter what you do, make sure it is healthy and you are getting all the vitamins and minerals and trace minerals your body needs.

When I started to exercise after years of not exercising. I did it a little at a time. Started with a 1 mile walking video. Had to hit pause and catch my breath sometimes. Now I can do a 2 mile walking video. It took time. Do what you can and every few days add a couple of min. It will take time but you will look back in a few weeks and see you are doing more then than you are now.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #3  
Can't Never Did Nothin'

S/C/G: 212/166/140

Height: 5'6"

Lottie: Hi and welcome (back)!

I know what you mean about being here forever. I was here for several months about 2-1/2 years ago and it helped me to lose about 25 pounds relatively quickly (eating healthier, exercising a LOT, and getting motivation here on 3fc). But then my circumstances changed and I got out of exercising and eating right, and the motivation here just wasn't enough. I came back about a year ago, but still nothing was working.

Now I'm on an actual eating plan (with the help of professionals ) and although I haven't started exercising yet, I'm down 20 pounds.

So we can do it this time, I know we can! Let's just NOT take "no" for an answer, we're going to start again for the last time. You're doing great with your exercising. Do you have an elliptical machine at home? Those are great, I really can get my heart-rate up with those. Unfortunately, I don't have one but I do have a treadmill, so I'm going to take a cue from you and just do a few minutes a day at first. I have this thing where I think I have to run a marathon right off the bat, I'm not patient enough to start slow! But I will!

Good luck! Hope to see you around!
Catmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/284/180

Height: 5'4"

Hi,
Just wanted to say WAY TO GO on the exercizing!! Even if it is a few minutes a day ~ at least you ARE doing something!! I am not much for exercize and that is not helping me, I know. I tell myself every day and every night that I am going to start walking on our treadmill, but do I do it? NO I just can't seem to get motivated to do it. So, at least you are doing it. Keep it up and I am sure you will be doing more as every day comes.

Take care,
God Bless,
Tari
ttjab3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I'm anaother "lifer" here. I have accepted the fact that i will always have a weight problem, even when i'm thin. I need support to stay that way. So, I am here for a long time.

It's great that you have already learned some valuable things, like to stop eating when you're full. But, it takes the brain 20 min. to register that you're full, and if you eat untill you feel it, you've way over eaten. You have to eat slowly and stop when you're "almost" full. And starting slow with the exercise is the only way to go. A lot of people over do and either burn out or injure themselves and can't exercise anymore. You will build up those muscles to endure 30 or more min.

Good luck to you!!!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #6  
300+ Chick

Hello and Welcome! on the pant size victory as well with your fitness regimen! You are doing wonderful!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #7  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

thanks so much to everyone for being so supportive, and yes I have an elliptical at home, thank god, cuz I"d NEVER make it out to a gym!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 174.0/162.4/135.0

Height: 5'4"

Stick with it Lottie!

I had to start the ellip. ONE MINUTE at a time. Out at the gym, in public. When I first started, I couldn't go for more than a few minutes and didn't enjoy it at all (honestly - I hated it!). But for me, the ellip. is a much better cardio workout than the treadmill or bike. Now that I have been able to build up my time, I am surprised how much I like it.

Congrats on your success so far!

- Laura

Last edited by laura02169; 11-29-2007 at 05:08 AM.
laura02169 is offline   Reply With Quote