Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/140/118

Height: 5'2

Default Need Some support!

Hi, i've tried dieting so many times and i've never gotten anywhere. It's my 21st birthday coming up in december, and i really want to lose even a wee bit of weight for that and my works night out. I know it's too late to lose a lot of weight but even half a stone which i could do healthily about 2 pounds a week.

Last year about this time i tried dieting for my holiday. I started off aout 146 pounds, and even excercising every day and eating pretty good, i only lost about 5 pounds, by june, i lost a couple more pounds on holiday. I ended up just under 140 pounds, but now i've been sitting about 140 pounds for quite a while.

I've had blood tests to check my thyroid at the doctors, because i'm tired a lot, but i don't think that's anythign to do with not being able to lose weight becausei 've not gained any weight, or if i have i know why.

I feel like i need something to motivate me. I've kind of fallen out of excercising again, i walk quite a lot, in my work, adn in uni, but apart from that not much, i'm really busy, it's my final year and i have a lot of work, and i work 4 nights a week as well, but i know i could fit excercise in somewhere.

One problem i have is that i find it really hard to lose weight around my stomach. It tendst to come off my lower arms which are already really slim, and my ankles which end up looking disproportionate. I also lose it on my hips, which makes my stomach look bigger, i knwo that would proabbly balance out once i lost more.

Sorry for rambling, I was really jsut wondering if anyone could give me any tips to keep me motivated, and any excercise which would be easy to fit into my quite busy days.

thanksx
xblondie86x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 PM   #2  

Welcome!

Motivation never last for long, what you need is a plan and consistency. Pick a plan you think will work for your lifestyle. The best way to do that is by thinking to yourself "hey I could do that forever." Then do a little research and try all kinds of exercises and sports until you find something you believe is fun and you wouldn't mind keeping up. For some it's bike riding and yoga, for others its playing basketball and weight training. Some people want to be in fitness trainer shape, others just want to be able to carry their groceries to their car.

If you don't like your program or the type of exercise you do nothing is going to motivate you to stick with it. Having said all that go to the goals post and read all the success stories that could soon include you.

good luck xblondie86x

Last edited by kimmieone; 11-19-2007 at 10:16 PM.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:48 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Motivation can help get you started, but I agree that you have to PLAN it in to make it stick most of the time. Don't make it an option, make it a must.

Another thing is that if you look at this phase as a diet, then that's what it will be, and next year you'll be going through the same thing (if not worse). What this truly is, is forever. And that means a commitment to making it forever.

The easiest exercise to fit in is usually walking. Simple to do, gets you places, and not too strenuous.

Best of luck to you! You can do this!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote