Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #1  
stayingonthepath

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Hello All

My name in Bridget and I come across the website and decided to check it out. I need to loss 40 lbs in order to be at my goal weight. I have lost about 5lbs so far but I need to crank up my weight-loss. A friend ask me to be her maid of honor in August I know its selfish but I refuse to be the fattest woman in the wedding. Am I crazy or is this normal?
literaturefan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

literaturefan08 - Welcome to 3FC! It's great to have you Congratulations on your weightloss!
I think it's perfectly normal to want to look good in your dress. What sort of plan do you have to take it off?
Please keep posting and keep us up to date on your progress!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #3  
stayingonthepath

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'1"

Cool Thanks for the Welcome

I have been tracking my food on selfdietclub Not sure if many people use it but its free with your subscription to self (if I am allowed to say that, if not I never did <wink>). So I need to stop eating out for starters. Then i need to make sure and take my lunch and snacks with me in the mornings. I also need to get back to the gym.
literaturefan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi LiteratureFan, and

A lot of us use food trackers from different sources...FitDay is a biggie, as is MyDailyPlate - I'm assuming that the Self tracker is the same.

You know what you need to do - next step, make a plan to do it! How about sitting down and planning out what you're going to eat for the next week? Make a menu plan, write it out, and then make a grocery list for all of those fabulous and healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks. Go shopping and stock your house with only those items. I find that when I plan ahead like this, eating on plan just happens so easily - I prepare what is on my menu for the day, grab my snacks, and go!

My easiest lunch trick - make twice as many dinner portions as you need when cooking a healthy meal. The next day, grab the extra portion - if your dinner was on plan, your lunch will be too, with no more extra effort than it takes to place it in a container. This makes it so easy to pack my lunch - just grab my tupperware and go.

Anyway, settle in and keep posting. Can't wait to get to know you!

Last edited by mandalinn82; 11-19-2007 at 06:58 PM.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

literaturefan08 - It sounds like you're on the right track. I can't add much to what mandalinn already said
P.S. When it comes to your health and how you feel, it's a good thing to be selfish!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote