Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-18-2007, 06:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5'9

Smile Hey! New Here!

Hello All! I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself and get to know some of you. I'm currently in a college student in DC and I'd about the beginning of this semester I finally just got fed up with not liking the way I look and feel and decided it was time to do something about it. I've never been happy with my weight, when I was younger it would yo-yo up and down. I've never been skinny but at least when I played sports I was muscular, fit, and I felt good. But once I hit high school, during the off seasons, I just started packing on the pounds and it just got worse at the start of college. I've been working out and watching what I eat for about 2 months now and I've lost 10 lbs but its such slow going sometimes I just get frustrated and want to quit. I think what its partly a lack of motivation, when I was on an organized team, I had to be in the gym at a certain time, work out 4-5 times a week, but without that I just let myself go. I'm hoping for that little extra push that will help me get over the tough times and actually make my goal a reality.
Vicque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck , you have made a great start.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi, and

You might want to try treating yourself like you're on a team - team weight loss. No, seriously! Pencil in the workouts, make them "practices" that you can't possibly miss. Since you are used to training in an atmosphere like that, it might be useful to you.

When I first started exercising, I made up calendar charts to track my workouts...different symbols for different types of goals. I'd put a heart sticker on a day if I did my cardio, a hand print if I did my UB lifting, a star for LB lifting, etc. I had goals for how many stickers of each type I wanted by the end of the month. It really did help me to motivate, and I gave myself small, non-food related rewards at the end of the month if I met my goals.

you've made a great start...now keep moving forward and posting here. Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote