Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/191/126

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi, I'm new and I think this website is the way forward!!

Hey there everyone! I'm Paula and since our wedding in June, my husband and I have done nothing but eat (guilt free scoffing with no wedding outfits to worry about lol!)

2 of our bridesmaids are getting hitched next summer and I'm bridesmaid for one and off to Cyprus for the other! I intend to be a much thinner bridesmaid than i was bride!

Having tried all kinds of diets over the years (Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Atkins, Slim Fast, Cabbage Soup etc, etc...) I am now relying on good old fashioned calorie counting! I'm one week in and have lost 4lbs.... result!! Got a long way to go yet though and hopefully finding this website will have been a Godsend. I nearly always fall down on the old will-power front as I work from home and spend most of my days alone at the computer! Now, if I'm havin' a wobble, I can take 5 and come here for some inspiration!

Wish me luck! xxx
MrsWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. I have done all the diets, too and have found calorie counting works best for me. Works better if you add exercise to your weight loss plan.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/191/126

Thank you and you're sooooo right, got to start exercising or I'll end up all flabby! One step at a time I think and will start adding in exercise gradually so I don't scare myself off lol!!
MrsWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Welcome! Another calorie counter here. I recommend that you register for one of the calorie counter sites like Dailyplate or Fitday. Fitday (PC version) really helps me stay on track. Using it and checking 3FC everyday are two strategies that have really helped me stay on track.

It is ok to start small with the exercise, but the important thing is to start. Many small steps add up to a very substantial journey! I'm so glad I started exercising right from the beginning. It has really helped my mood and the new-found strength and mini milestones I have reached have been causes for celebration. Sometimes the scale can be stubborn, so it helps to have other ways to measure success.
Good luck on your journey
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 283/see tkr/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! Come on over to the Calorie Counters forum.
MelKnee is offline   Reply With Quote