Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194

Default 19 months to lose 48 lbs...

Hello,

I am in some desperate need of support and motivation! I am getting married in 19 months. That's more then enough time to plan my dream wedding to my dream guy. But, I'm really worried that it is not enough time for me to lose the 48 lbs I'd like to lose...

I want to lose the weight, and honestly I need to lose the weight. However, I need some motivation...a way to stay on track and on target. I am the first to admit that I am weak...very weak. I feel like the Slim Quick commerrcial...since we've started dieting he's lost over 30lbs and I've been up and down. He has so much self-control and as much as he tries to help me...I feel like a failure.

I'd like to say that I need to lose only 2.5 lbs per month...but it's still so very daunting to me. Any advice on how to get started and tips for sticking to it are greatly appreciated! I'm a chocoholic, sweet-toothed, salty-crunchy treat lover...lolol. Ugh!

I'm motivated to be here and hope to make many friends along this journey and hopefully in 19 months I'll have beautiful wedding photos to share with you all.

Jenn
bugnsamsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Welcome to the forum! Just do it one step at a time, one day at a time, and blog here whenever you feel you need some support! You can do it!

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 11-16-2007 at 03:00 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

First of all, you're going to have beautiful wedding photos! Happiness is beautiful! It doesn't matter if you lose 15 lbs, 20 lbs or whatever. Happy smiling people in love make beautiful pictures.

Speaking of that ... what if you only lose 38 lbs? You'll still be leaner, trimmer and happy, right? What if you only lose 28 lbs? You get the picture?

At every opportunity to eat ... consider what you are eating, how much you are eating and how it's going to affect your goal. Try simply putting something back. One chocolate is very good if you savour every morsel.

At every opportunity to move ... do so with vigor! Stride, swing your arms, dance while you wait for the shower to warm up ...

At every opportunity ... come to 3 Fat Chicks You'll get lots of ideas, tips and motivation here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Hey, welcome girl!!! You must be excited with your wedding coming up. Now I will say first... 48 pounds in 19 months gives you a lot of time- which is good. All you have to do is just focus, and I know you can do it. I am a major chocoholic myself... If you are worried about snacking on stuff you shouldn't, try my philosophy... distract yourself for at least a half hour. Read (especially this forum), go for a walk, do some housework... about 80% of the time, when you are done, you won't have the craving any more. If you still do... go ahead- just snack smart!!! If you are craving sweets- try fruit salad or an apple, if you are craving salty- have a rice cake or some 99% fat free popcorn, craving chocolate- have a hershey kiss or two instead of a whole candy bar. Dieting is not about deprivation... eat all throughout the day and choose healthy snacks and meals... you will find if you eat every two hours, you won't get hungry much at all. Also, exercise helps me too... when I am exercising, it's like the hungry part of my brain shuts off. Also... do you have a picture of your dream wedding dress? Post it on the fridge... having a motivational picture on the fridge is a great way to discourage going into the fridge to binge. Take baby steps in the beginning, and work your way into a new healtheir LIFESTYLE.. try to tell yourself this isn't just a diet, this is just a new way of living the rest of your life. It's a slow process- don't get discouraged. We are all here for you, to give support when you need it. Good luck, and NO MATTER WHAT, I promise you- you will make a beautiful bride. I was 40 lbs over weight for my wedding... but I didn't look all that shabby, lol
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote