Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #1  
Fun and Fantastic!

S/C/G: 264/256.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default PsychoMom is ready to play!

I'm here hoping to make new connections and learn a lot of things. I really need to lose weight. My son's getting married next weekend and I am having to wear a tent. I hate it! Even more so, I hate not being able to move around and do the things I want to do.

In a few months, I am going on a field trip with my daughter and a group of high school kids to NYC. I HAVE to be able to walk forever and still breath. Until I drop some weight, I'm afraid I might have some problems.

So, with the support of my coworkers, who are creating a support group of our own, and you guys here, I hope to drop around 30 pounds between now and February 2008. I'll only have about another 100 to go after that.
PsychoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Welcome! Welcome!

Welcome, PsychoMOM, I think you should be able to walk around NYC in February if you start now and really commit to a good walking exercise program. I would think that the weather should be really nice where you are and again if the weather is inclement you can always walk in a Mall.

I know that a lot of people feel that all the clothes available for us larger people look like "tents" but I have found a lot of really nice clothes. There is a list of clothing manufacturers listed on this website. I have shopped from several of them for several years. Looking doesn't cost anything!

I have never used my weight as an "excuse" to not look presentable and attractive. I met my husband at my highest weight! We have been together eight years. So, all of those myths about fat people are just those myths.

Good luck and we hope to hear from you again and again and again.....
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #3  
Fun and Fantastic!

S/C/G: 264/256.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks! I actually do like my dress. I found it at Lane Bryant and it does fit pretty well. I just wish it were about 12 sizes smaller.

The last couple of years, my ability to walk a long time has decreased severely. That worries me. I am trying to get back to moving. Gotta move, then the clothes don't bother me so bad.

Thanks for the support. I'm gonna need it.
PsychoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi & ^^ You may want to check out the 100lb club. Best of luck to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote