Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #1  

Default Introducing myself.....

Hi, I am new here at 3FC. i joined this group in hopes of finding support in losing weight. I am a 34 SAH/WFH mom of 5 daughters and I need to lose about 100 lbs.. I have known this for a while now, but today my 4 yo brought home the pics from the pumpkin patch field trip I went on with her and her early childhood class and OMG... I am HUGE!!!!!! Compared to all those skinny teachers/moms I am huge... I am the fat mom... I dont want to be the fat mom anymore. I used to weigh 130lbs before I had my children. I also need to get healthy as my dad died at the age of 54 of a heart attack and he was overweight and not in the best health. I worry every day about my health, but that does not stop me from eating a candy bar. My stress level is pretty high and I eat for comfort. I also am aware that I eat after 9pm, which after much thinking, I recalled was the time I received the phone call that my dad had passed. So, I am an emotional eater. Overall, I do not eatt hat badly, sure a candy bar here and there, but basically I eat pretty normal. What I need is some kind of motivation to get off my fat butt. I have two dogs that would love to be walked, but because they are small dogs, I dont always walk them. I have a treadmill in my basement and excersize DVD's etc... I just do not use them. I think about it, but never do it, I would rather take a nap when I have a free moment, which isnt often. How do you get motivated and stay motivated?
Thanks
crzymom5

[
crzymom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

to 3FC - First off I wouldn't loose the weight because of the way someone else looks , loose the weight for yourself first and those 5 kids you have and to me there is the motivation you are looking for hence the remark you made of your dad. Good luck and hang around you'll find alot of advice & support
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Crzymom5 -

You are definitely in the right spot for support. So many of us share aspects of your story - eating for comfort, eating late at night, having trouble getting motivated to exercise.

In terms of how to "get motivated and stay motivated" - honestly, I don't know that any of us is totally motivated to make the right choices all the time. What some of us HAVE done is made a DECISION - nothing to do with being motivated. We decided that we were going to make good choices, and we followed through with that decision. So maybe you can start with a decision to do some amount of exercise every day for the next 3 weeks? It might be a quick workout video for 20 minutes, it might be a walk with the kids. But after the three weeks have passed, most likely it will be a habit, and you won't have to make the decision as actively anymore. Then you make another decision - cutting out the candy bars, getting more water, or eating more fruits and vegetables.

A series of DECISIONS to do something different was, ultimately, what worked for me. "Will power" and "motivation" aren't concepts that I put a lot of faith in, but I have tremendous faith in my ability to decide something and then follow through.

Most of all, keep posting. When those decisions are harder to make, this is a great place to get an extra kick in the rear!

mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/288/150

Height: 5'4"

to the board, I am new to this board too. I have to loose over 100lbs. Here is a for making the first step in the right direction.
debbieb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #5  

CrzyMom... seeing myself in a pic from a going away party was my wake up call. So I can relate. I'm not there yet myself, but at least I'm making the journey!
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

I think Mandalinn has said it best for me that it came down to a choice. I either keep going up, or keep going down. So I made a decision. And while no one is always perfect, that decision holds true. So if I mess up , the next day I'm back on track, because I have made a choice, and I have to follow through! *determination!!!*

Anyway ^^ I wish you the best of luck. You CAN do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote