Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2007, 07:25 AM   #1  

Default heyylooo!!

Hello! Just registered today, i'm nearly 20 and have recently gained about half a stone and i'm feeling really uncomfortable with myself! REally want to get back into shape, so im hitting the gym more, but finding my eating hard to change. I know what "they" say about eating healthily, cutting out junk etc, and i try,i really do, but it's so hard as you all probably know!!!

I know having someone to keep me going will really help me....im from birmingham (UK)...anyone out there fancy giving me some much appreciated support/tips...happily help anyone out if i can!
thankyou for reading, sorry this has turned into some sort of essay!

D x
dusty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:31 AM   #2  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hello to you too!!
I've just recently jumped "back on the wagon"... I've got a very stubborn 10-ish pounds to lose and I've been feeling really crappy about it.
Yes, "they" have tons of advice, don't they??
This is a great site to check out different "diet" plans... and different ideas, recipes, suggestions, challenges, etc. It's fun!!!
Good luck. I'm available to talk/help if you need.
*Tracy
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #3  

Grr....i hate those stubborn pounds!!! I'm so glad i found this site, its looking v useful already! Thanks for replying x
dusty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #4  
I will succeed!

Hiya Dusty88, I just joined as well. What a cool forum, huh?
LeesaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #5  
Simply Filling Technique

Thumbs up You are Not Alone

Welcome! I have been a registered user for about two months. I stumbled onto this site and I now can't imagine what I would without it. It has been a really helpful guide for me for all kinds of things. I would suggest to take a big chunk of time, when you can, and just click on different areas of interest and do some "exploring". There is so much here that it probably will take you hours (I spent almost eight the first night I found this!) or days depending on your time constraints.

What I have most useful on a daily basis is checking in with the new posts---I like to welcome newbies--, the calorie counts of over 7,000 foods, the different diet plans and how they work, then the different sub-forums groups.

For structure I am working the WW Flex Points plan, I have devised my own workout plan according to my needs and schedule (treadmill, free weights, Pilates and dancing dvds), I keep a food diary, exercise chart and weight lose progress chart (you can get "shells" on here or other links), I made a promise to myself that I would check in with this website to give and receive support at least once a week but it has now become more like 3x a week (I just like to read the inspirational stories and "be there" for others), and I am still "educating" myself on other plans as well.

Good luck on your weight lose-----
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

& best of luck to you Dusty!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

WELCOME!!!

I registered in June but been posting only for about 2 weeks! This site is great, lots support and motivation (go to the goal photos and stories and you´ll be amazed, it´s so so inspirational)

You´ll find info about different plans, exercise and random stuff!

I´m calorie counting and the info is very very useful!
Well, hope to "see" you around and good luck! If you need anything just post and people will reply, I´ve never found such supportive and nice people... really!

GOOD LUCK!! ... I just love the dancing veggies lol
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote