Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Talking Okay, I've lurked long enough!

Howdy everyone! I've lurked for a few weeks, checking out the site and the forums and just generally enjoying seeing everything 3FC has to offer. I've been most impressed by the community here on the forums and finally decided it's time to take the plunge!

I'm 42, married (2nd time 'round is definitely the charm for me!) with a 13 year old daughter and, generally, happy about 'most everything in my life EXCEPT for my weight. I had weight loss surgery almost 4 years ago, which is how I've lost 80+ pounds. Never made it anywhere close to my goal, although I knew that was a possible outcome. My surgeon still considers me a success but I know I can do better if I'll just quit being so darn lazy and actually stick to sensible eating and exercise. My goal is higher than most "charts" say I should weigh, but I've been fat all my life (after 2nd grade, anyway) and when I look at pics of me in high school (when I last weighed 170) I think I look pretty good! And to think, back then I felt SOOOO huge. Sheesh. Anyhow, it's nice to meet everyone and I hope to bring something good to the community!

Lianne
LianneNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Lianne

Why don't you pop into the 40 somethings support group. We have a good chat thread.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

welcome and good luck!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Lianne

You are very right. This is a great site. People are so full of encouragement here.

I am so glad you have had some positive results of your weight loss surgery. Would have been such a shame to go thru all that and not come out with something good for it.

I would talk with the doc about what is a healthy weight for you. This can be higher for some people than for others. Maybe also get some general idea about how much calories, fat and carbs are good for you to take in. This can be different for different people too. BMI is a pretty good guide line too. Find out what your doc thinks is a good number for you. My doc ( after losing weight for 4 months or so ) gave me some very general guide lines. 1200-1400 calories, 35 fat, 210 carbs. BMI 24-27. I was pretty proud of myself. Was right in the guidelines I had given myself. I only every worried about fat. BMI is real high of course but it is coming down.

My secret, SHHHHH don't tell anyone lol. I eat ( or try to eat ) 4 to 6 meals a day. I use a salad plate instead of a breakfast or lunch plate, a lunch plate instead of a dinner plate. Keep those portion sizes small. Once you start paying attention to portion sizes you might, like myself, find your portions are to large. I am doing so much better just watching that fat and keeping portions smaller. When the family is having something I don't like or can take or leave I have a lean cuisine.

Remember, when you think you are doing this all alone. When there isn't a person in sight to give you encouragement. God is right there with you. Usually yelling, put down that candy bar.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-23-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote