Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: ?/?/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile HI ALL! New from Upstate NY here

Hello Everyone! My name is Jess, and I live in Upstate NY. I am 21 yrs old, 5'4", and weight about 180lbs (not for sure... need to find a scale) I am not extremely overweight, but I do have lots of jiggle I want to get rid of. My GREAT boyfriend says I looks great, and he doesnt want me to lose weight, but I need to. For several different reasons. 1, I am not happy with myself, always want to cover up with big clothes and coats, and am not comfortable around people, and for 2, I am not healthy. My family has a long history of diabetes, and other health related issues. I NEED to get healthy.

I came here for the support and motivation. I have terrible eating habits (such as not eating ANYTHING all day- I get up and go to work for 3pm, without eating anything before; then eating a two course meal from the time I get home till I go to bed- 8:30pm- Midnight), little exercise, and a false sense of hunger. I hope to be able to get in shape with the help of you guys!

Thanks again for reading this! Let the Exercise and controlled eating beging! Jess F.
Merogsrha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Jess! This site has a wealth of support and knowledge that I'm sure you'll find useful. Oh, and the people here are great.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Jess!

You know, eating throughout the day was really key for me in terms of getting my hunger under control. If I don't eat all day, I get RAVENOUS at night, and then eat way more than I need to.

There are lots of wonderful folks here with tons of great advice.

Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: ?/?/145

Height: 5'4"

Thankyou both for your welcome!!!! I know I need to start eatign throughout the day; but I not hungry until about 3-4pm; after I am at work. I have no problem going until then with no food; dont even think about it... Then come about 5pm Im hungry, maybe get a snack at work... but when I get home LOOKOUT LoL. Usually I only eat a normal helping when I gethome about 8:30pm.. Ive been telling myself NO FOOD AFTER 9PM... then that way Im not eating directly before I go to bed. But, it seems like as soon as my boyfriend walks out the door for work about 9:45 pm, Im munching on something else, and then something else, then something else. I'll admit, I do not have very good self control!

I am going to try your advice, and make myself eat at least something throughout the day, then maybe have my normal 5pm snack when I get home and maybe that will be enough to satisfy me? I can only hope.

Thankyou again ladies!!! Jess
Merogsrha is offline   Reply With Quote