Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft1

Default Im new, and really shy :(

Hi there everyone!!

My name is Zoe, im 21 years old, and i seriously need help!! I just have no will power!! Im currently just starting th weight watchers diet, it DOES work for me, the best diet for me, but i just have no will power to stick to it!

I really have no support of family and friends, basically because ive been there before sayin "im going on a diet" and they are like "again" and laugh!! HELP PLEASE!!
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #2  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Hey Zoe! Well for a start, you know that Weight Watchers works for you, it's just a case of keeping that motivation alive! Browse some of the forums on 3fc and find one that suits you. I find that regularly checking the forum and chatting to people how i'm feeling and how i'm getting on is a BIG motivation for me. The key thing is not to give up before you've even started. Explain to your family and friends that you really need their support. Good luck and keep posting!
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Oh! ZoeJayne. You have come to the right place!

My best advice when dealing with friends/family members
is just don't say anything to them about a diet! JUST DO IT!
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 AM   #4  

Hi Zoe! I have absolutely no will power but I love weight watchers!! I've done it before (over 5 years ago) and dropped from 174 to 116 without suffering too much. Because of my lack of will power and some other issues - stressful job, boyfriend who loves food, for example, I've gradually put weight back on to my latest high of 168.4. I refuse to get back to where I was. I retired (which has helped) and started weight watchers again. I do the old point system which seems to suit me best. The thing I like about it is I can save points and have a Little Debbie cake if I choose to use my points that way. However, I use the WW calculator and track points -- when I'm out, I'm out. I've learned how valuable those points are and choose foods that I know won't leave me hungry. You can do it!!! Forget what they are saying and show them you can do it -- and you're doing this for you, not them. I feel like I'm rambling - please feel free to email me to chat for support! I would love to hear how you are doing!!
Deb
chasdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

thank you sooo much for the warm welcome!! its great to see im not the only one out there with no will power!! i will be posting on here alot more now for support, and to type down my feelings etc

again thank you all mwah xx
Old 10-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #6  
is about to be slim !!

S/C/G: 170/164.4/147

Height: 5ft 3in

Hi Zoe, I have just started slimming world today after doing various diets throughout the last 3 years. I seem to get to 6 weeks loose about a stone feel great then think I can eat what I want. I will be right there with you ! lets try and show friends and family we mean business this time !

A x
AmandaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMc View Post
Hi Zoe, I have just started slimming world today after doing various diets throughout the last 3 years. I seem to get to 6 weeks loose about a stone feel great then think I can eat what I want. I will be right there with you ! lets try and show friends and family we mean business this time !

A x

Too right we can show our friends and family we mean business this time!! im sick of them all laughin at me or basically lookin at me blankly because ive done all this before, but trust me its going to be ME who laughs at them when im slimmer!!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #8  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Wow I can understand exactly where you are coming from. I am 21, 5'3", and started about your weight also. I had started so many diets...But this time something changed..I have the willpower this time. Somedays it is really easy, but others I find myslf giving in to the way I used to eat. I hope to see you around! We will always be here for encouragement when you need it
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
Wow I can understand exactly where you are coming from. I am 21, 5'3", and started about your weight also. I had started so many diets...But this time something changed..I have the willpower this time. Somedays it is really easy, but others I find myslf giving in to the way I used to eat. I hope to see you around! We will always be here for encouragement when you need it

thank you for support hun!! Im always here for every aswell for support!! via pm, msn and yahoo, just feel free to add me
Old 10-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

It takes a lot of courage to get up after a fall, dust yourself off, and get moving again, even more so when others around you don't believe you can do it. We've all been there before. We've all fallen, but we're willing to get back up & give it a go again. This is the time. I'm so glad you've joined the forums. You can do it!!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote