Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #1  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Red face Newbie - again :)

It's been so long since I fell off the bandwagon. It's time to climb right back on.

I'm 27 years old. I have two beautiful children - Alyssa is 9 and Chris is 6.
I just got married on August 4th to my fiancee of almost 8 years.

I currently weight 246 lbs (down 4 lbs from the start of my new lifestyle two weeks ago).

I currently suffer from GERD, anxiety attacks, joint aches, occasional bouts of depression, and most recently severe lower back spasms (from a fall in the shower about 1.5 months ago). I get headaches, stomach aches, and am continuously getting sick.

I think it's time to take my life back and direct it to the right path.

I used to never eat breakfast, eat a tiny lunch then binge on dinner and snacks until bedtime. Enough is enough.

I'm smoking half a pack - a pack a day - It's time to quit.

I've recently started cutting out almost all junk (except for a weekly treat). I now eat a healthy breakfast, a healthy snack, a good lunch, and a good dinner. I don't feel like snacking anymore in the evening.

Because of my joint and back pain I can't exercise like I would like to. My husband and I agreed that I should take some supplements to help lose those few pouds to ease off some of the weight. Once I'm more comfortable, I'll start doing some workouts (other than my current walks).

Nice to meet you all
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like you are off to a great start and using your new-found motivation to make many healthy changes.
I can really relate to your post! Like you, I skipped breakfast and lunch and then inhaled food when I got home from work, and then ate supper, and then snacked ...
Walking is a great exercise and it sounds like you are able to do so - I encourage you to continue as you are able.

I am a relative newbie too and can attest that this is a great site which will help keep you motivated and on track!
Welcome
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

And remember that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I hope you find all that you're looking for.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello and Welcome.
I also have back spasams and depression so I know what you are going through. I wish you all the best and I look forward t chatting with you.
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #5  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the welcome everyone

I'm looking forward to all the support that we can offer eachother
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote