Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #1  

Default Starting Today Again Need support and encouragement

I just found this website and I am thrilled! I am an unsuccessful WW member who is 117 pounds overweight--I keep going to WW even tho I don't follow the plan. I am an emotional eater and haven't been able to get it under control BUT it is absolutely imperative that I do so. I have HBP, diabetes, fibromyalgia--you'd think that would be enough incentive! But I am beginning again today and setting new goals...and I hope that this forum will be the extra oomph I need to keep me on track--I always fall into the old mindset of feeling losing weight is impossible--and overwhelming...
chubbychick1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/253/135?

Height: 5'7

Hi! Welcome to the site! I hope you find the support you need on this site! It's pretty great here. I always went back into the same mindset as you did, but I feel like I can really make it this time having found this forum. Everyone here is really helpful and a lot of them are real motivators too! Hope to see you around the board!
bxthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hi Chick ~

How about beginning with a do-able mini-goal? Hopefully that will break it down into something less overwhelming ... plus, once you begin making progress on the min-goal, it's inspiring and builds your confidence!

Lots of great support groups here and friendly people to share your journey with. Good luck!
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:49 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I'm on WW myself, and I just love it! But maybe there's something about the plan that doesn't work for you. There are many people on here, and a good number of healthy ways to lose weight that they follow. Maybe someone will have a good suggestion.

I hope you find all that you're looking for!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #5  

Thank you for your encouragement--this site seems really positive and motivating, since it seems like a lot of us are in the same predicament
Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #6  

Hi Ladiibbug!
Your idea of a mini-goal is a great idea! I've all ready set a couple for myself since I absolutely have to lose some weight and keep it off for my own sanity at this point. I intend to lose 10 lbs in October and another 5 by Thanksgiving and another 5 by the New Year's.

Congratulations on making your first mini-goal--Take care!