Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #1  
Getting my life back...

S/C/G: 231/182/197/145ish

Height: 5'2"

Wink Salutations from a Stay at Home Mom!

Hey everyone! My name is JoAnna and I am a 28 year old stay at home mom. I have two beautiful children, 3 and 10 months and am very sad to say, (as does an alcoholic, or anyone else with an addiction), but I am a fat person who is addicted to food. I am 5'2" and currently 231 pounds. Size (tight) 18/20. I did really well after I had my second child, dropped to 207 (less than before I got pregnant), but had the Mirena put in, developed an addiction to Honey Smacks and the Lipton Citrus green tea, and put on 24 pounds in about 4 months. Needless to say, I'm very unhappy with myself. I have lurked here on and off for years and Mel and Meg are my heroes. I have never been skinny in my life, but the future health of my children depends on me. If I don't do better myself, and instill better eating habits now, then they will join the growing obesity trend. And, I would love to feel better about me. I know I am just as important to me as they are. I do so much better if I have someone to answer to. My husband loves me and thinks I'm hot no matter what, so that makes it a little bit harder! Ready, set, here I go!!!
joannagoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/207/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I've been coming and reading here also much longer than I've been posting also. I can relate to your desire to want to set an example for your kids. I'm also a SAHM. While, none of my kids are overweight right now, they are borderline to being so. They have always been way up on the growth chart for their weight. I know they have picked up some bad habits from watching me. They really do learn by what they see. The good news is we can change and they will see that and can change also. My 3 dk's are older than yours, 6,9 and 14, but I know my middle dk has been watching and listening and because of a discussion we had over a school homework assignment the other night he is rethinking some of his choices about food. DH stopped at McDs for sundaes last night and my 9 year old chose a fruit and yogurt parfait instead, and I overheard him telling his 6 yr. old brother this morning about how yummy it was. It's good you are starting when your kids are so young, it will be easier to "reprogram" their minds.

Good luck on your quest!
renewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #3  
Getting my life back...

S/C/G: 231/182/197/145ish

Height: 5'2"

Renewme, I love your name! That is a beautiful way to look at it!

My children are okay growthwise (for now!), but they have always been on the higher ends, height and weight, so I'm trying to keep it balanced! I bet your house is fun with those different ages! But you get that time alone when they go to school, so I bet that helps a lot! Thank you so much for your help and good luck on your journey as well. Mine's a slow train, but it'll get there!!
joannagoolman is offline   Reply With Quote