Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #1  

Default Need to lose 25 pounds

Hi,
I want to lose 25 pounds after a few failures. I don't have much time to exercise so I want to learn to eat better. I hope I'll make it this time
diana28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

I have lost 22lbs over the last 7 months with calorie counting and portion control, no exercise. Well, maybe a week here and there when I pretend to start a new routine..you know how it goes Though with 15lbs to go, I have come to a bit of a standstill with my weightloss so I am thinking of really buckling down with the exercise. I feel I may have lost faster with exercise, but I just wanted to pop in with a bit of encouragement and say losing weight w/o exercise is not entirely impossible
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #3  

Thanks for the encouragement. You don't look like you need to lose even a single pound more. Good for you (:
diana28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

BLEH!! Thank you, but I wish! Take a photo of me from my ribcage up, or my hips down and you'd think I was already at 127, but my stomach is being ultra stubborn!! It's getting a lot smaller, but to me it just seems like a smaller version of a fat stomach
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #5  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
Well, maybe a week here and there when I pretend to start a new routine..you know how it goes
Hahaha...me too...thought i was the only one...
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #6  

Without exercise, you lose muscle as well as fat. Exercise will tone and make you look a lot better, too. Don't put things like "I hope I'll make it this time" in your mind. That sets you up for failure because you are not sure. Instead, say things like "I will eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetables every day. I will drink 64 ounces of water," etc. This is positive reinforcement that will help you reach your goal. Like everything in life, weight loss requires a plan for success. Good luck to you - you WILL make it this time!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 133/133/105

Height: 4'10

hey girl! I just started and I need to lose around 30. So we are in the same boat. I have had several failures and I think its partly because if I don't drop ten pounds right away I give up and eat everything in the kitchen. lol Not this time. I'm going to make and so are you. The only thing holding us back is our selfs. For those of you who have already started your journey towards a better you congraTs Thats so awesome and it really give me motivation. I can't wait to be happy with my body and confident in everything I wear!
KelleyLCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #8  
Eye of the Tiger!

S/C/G: 205/175/146

Height: 5'10

Hey there I just wanted to say !!! This is great website and it is loaded with information! For my weight loss so far I have been calorie counting and I also love Lean Cuisine! I hope that you are sucessful and I hope to see you around the boards!
~Heather
wannabeahotmama is offline   Reply With Quote