Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/282/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi

Hi everyone! I'm Terri. I'm 26 and have been married to Chad for 5 years.

I just recently went to the doctor for the first time in years and found out that I weigh 282lbs. It was definitely eye opening to find out exactly how much I weigh. I knew I was overweight. I've been overweight for the majority of my life. But knowing that I'm the biggest person in not only my own family, but also my husband's has been very hard for me to deal with, these past few weeks.

That's why I'm here. I have a great family and great friends. And for the most part, they're very supportive on anything I decide to do. But, they've never been through what I'm experiencing now.

I'm looking forward to meeting new people who understand what I'm going through and who will help me through the rough patches. Hopefully, I'll be able to help them as well!
tradatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #2  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

the first step is a hard one to take. in times of doubt, the forum will help you. you can lose the weight and you shall!! Welcome to the forums, they have helped me so much!
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Glad you decided to join up with us here on 3FC. There are many awesome forums here. I usually hang out on the 100lb club forum. Feel free to join us there.....I know you and everyone else are always welcome.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome and Hello!

I'm so glad you came here, because you know what...it IS hard to feel like no one understands what you're going through. Here, you'll have tons of people who know precisely what it feels like to feel like the large member of a small family, or to be surrounded by people who have never struggled with their weight. Its great to be able to come here and get support and understanding, and we have a wonderful community for that.

Keep posting! I look forward to hearing more from you.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/282/135

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I would have gotten to this sooner, but I sort of forgot that I had posted here and things have been very crazy at home too.

I think I'm off to a pretty good start. Right now, I'm just trying to stay calm about my upcoming doctor appointments. When I freak out, I tend to eat. And that is definitely not something that I need!

Chad's been really great so far. I know he's not completely thrilled about some of the changes that I'm wanting to make, mainly to our grocery list and meals, but he's willing to give it a try...at least for now.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, but for now, the bed is calling!
Incase I don't make it back, have a great weekend!
tradatz is offline   Reply With Quote