Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 349/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Default these make me so nervous!

how's it hanging guys? i'm kristin and i'm not really new to the site. i've been lurking around here and there just checking out the natives and it seems like there is a very supportive bunch here exactly what i need! i'm 26, i live in florida, i'm a bra fitter by day and a singer/musician/superhero by night. i think that covers the important stuff.

when it comes to losing weight i find that i lose my motivation very quickly. one day i'm amped and i exercise and eat right, and then the next day i couldn't really care less. i think i've discovered that my problem is trying to change all my habits at once. it really is a lifestyle change and i think i'm finally now just believing it.

i set myself a goal this month and it's not even a weight goal. my goal is to make it to the gym every day for a month (except sundays because if god rested so can i ). and by the end of the month i havent lost any weight then thats fine. at least i will have accomplished my goal and i know i'll need to step it up some. after making the gym part of my daily routine my goal is going to be working water into my daily regime because right now i dont drink it at all. then i'll work on the food and then so on. it's really going to be a matter of taking several different baby steps for me.

i'm going to need a lot of encouragement, so i'll probably post a lot whining for you guys to give me a kick in the backside. on the same token i'm up for doing the same for anyone that may need it. i am totally looking forward to taking this journey with you guys!
glassmenagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like a good plan!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Hi Kristin isn't it so hard to decide to lose weight? I know all spring/summer I kept telling myself Cristy you're getting fatter and you're not doing anything about it and I just couldn't understand why. Then for some reason everything clicked at the end of summer here and I finally gave myself a big kick in the a## and I knew if I didn't do something I was going to just get bigger and bigger.

First off, deciding to go to the gym is a great start! I'd definetly take advantage of everything they have to offer (trainers, advice, etc.) and use it to your full advantage.

Maybe you're not ready to start watching your food intake yet but maybe you could take a baby step and eliminate something you know you're eating that is holding you back (mine was excess pasta in my diet). Don't make a huge change if you're not ready just try something small.

Also since you're focusing more on exercise I'd definetly take measurements if they haven't already in the gym. At the end of the month you may not see as many pounds down if you're not watching the food intake but I bet those inches will be down and motivate you even more!

Good luck girl I'm rooting for you!!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Kristin. I'm glad you decided to stop lurking and join in.
Have you had a chance to visit with us on the 100lb club? We'd love to have you start posting with us.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Don't be nervous. We're very nice here. Have you found the daily exercise threads? You might get a kick out of posting your accomplishment every day.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Sounds like a great plan to set smaller goals! With the gym every day, you might gain muscle, so don't be discouraged if you don't lose weight! I'd encourage you to take your measurements now and in a month, to see if you notice a difference that way.

Baby steps are the way to go, IMO. Good luck and welcome!!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kristin....
That sounds like an awesome plan..good luck. I am like you when it comes to trying to lose weight..I get all gung ho and get excited and then I never succeed. I need a lot of encouragement too...hang in there, don't give up...you can do this!!

*Keri*
ChubbyChick72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hi Kristin!

Congrats on your efforts so far! Sometimes just getting out the door to walk or hit the gym is the hardest part.

Baby steps finally worked for me - making a few small changes at first, so as not to overwhelm yourself. If going to the gym 5 or 6 times a week proves to be too much for you, instead of quitting, just go 3 or 4 times a week ... or whatever works for you.

This is a fun & supportive site. Glad you joined up. Good luck -- go, Kristin, go!
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 349/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

thanks guys!
glassmenagerie is offline   Reply With Quote