Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #1  
In motion

S/C/G: 208/???/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Hey y'all from Atlanta!

Greetings!

I'm very excited to be here at 3FC. I've been lurking here for months, and I finally got the courage and the wherewithall to post! I hope to make some really good buddies here, and I hope that I can get some help (and help a few others) a long the way.

A little about me:
I'm 32, married and the mother to 2 beautiful kids. They are really my inspiration to lose weight. I've always been close to my son (he's almost 8), but I really started to take inventory of myself when I was pregnant with my daughter. I looked up and realized that I wanted to have more energy and participate more in both of their lives. I also don't want her to go through the weight problems I'm going through. I want to give both of my children better examples about exercise and eating well.

I realized my weight when I was pregnant with my daughter. I've hovered around the size 14 mark for a few years now, and really didn't pay attention to my actual weight thinking, "I'm curvy, my husband likes it, so it's all good." Well, that attitude got me the shock of my life when I weighed in at 229 when I was eight months pregnant! Also, I had a scare with gestational diabetes (Luckily, I didn't have it), but I vowed that after I had my baby I was going to do something about my weight. I weighed in at 208 around Thanksgiving last year, and had to heal up from my c-section (my second) before I started my exercise program.

I started exercising religiously in March, drinking water calorie counting. Right now, I'm still calorie counting, drinking my water and using portion control. I"m also walking, dancing in the living room and doing anything else I can think of until I get a gym membership. So far, it's working. My clothes are getting bigger and I have way more energy. But, I won't step on a scale right now, I'm too chicken!

Anyway, enough about me, I want to meet you guys!

See ya!

Toki
Junesdaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #2  
~

S/C/G: 200/174.6/140

Height: 5'8

Welcome!! Great reasons to lose weight, I always feel like I have soooo much more energy when I am eating right and exercising! Sounds like you are already heading in the right direction I bet you will be surprised when you step on the scale, but its all about how you are feeling! good luck to you and hope to see you posting around more
Pinkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #3  
In motion

Hey Pinkadot!

Thanks for the reply! I'll be posting for sure, now that I'm finally here! Good luck to you, too, and I' hope to see you around!

Toki
Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #4  
Discovering ME

Height: 5'10"

Hi Toki,

I had to reply once I read what you said about "dancing in the living room"! I used to live in this house where I had a large "great room" in the center of the house, I used to spend HOURS dancing around that room, I loved it! I felt SO free!! So, this is just to say GO FOR IT! Have a dance for me too! I live in a different house now, and have more children, and a different "set up" so I no longer have the same spacial freedoms I did then. But the dancing part IS like your own personal aerobic workout! I hope you never stop!

Barb
AriesBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #5  
In motion

Thanks AriesBarb! And good luck to you on your journey as well!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #6  
300+ Chick

Hi Toki..Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Toki! Sounds like you're doing a great job so far! Keep up the good work!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #8  
In motion

Thanks Liliann & Tomandkara! Good luck to you guys. Keep in touch!

Toki