Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Default New girl from Vancouver, BC w/50 to lose

Hi everyone, I'm Marianne. I'm 22, living in Vancouver with my (really fit) boyfriend.

When I graduated high school in 2003, I weighed 160lbs at 5'8, and was very muscular from years of dancing, softball, basketball, and walking home from school. Then I moved to university, stopped playing sports, and had to eat in my residence cafeteria. I kept walking everywhere, but it wasn't enough. In one year, I gained 28lbs. I was SHOCKED to say the least. That summer, I started SBD, and lost 18lbs.

Those 18lbs came RIGHT back on the following school year. I didn't really know how to cook, so I'd make microwaveable meals or mac n cheese a lot.

By December 2006, I weighed in at 209lbs. I cried a lot that day - I just couldn't believe it. I had always considered 200lbs to be my ultimate "NO WAY" weight, and there I was, 9lbs beyond that.

SO in January I decided that my lifestyle in general needed an overhaul. I decided to use 2007 as a year of change and development. While I've only lost 9lbs since then, I have made so many other great changes that I am content. I've cut down my contact with negative friends, found a deeper sense of self and spirituality, found a sunnier outlook on life, created an appreciation of good healthy food, learned to cook better, and enjoyed how I feel after I exercise.

So now that my life is more in order, it's time to really kick it up on the healthy eating and physical activity, and knock off this weight. My goal is to reach my high school weight, which is on the high end of healthy for my height and age.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all and making this try a success! I also promise not ALL my posts will be mini-novels like this!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #2  
Still Trying

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi Marianne,

That was a really great post!! I'm a firm believer that you have to really be ready for a life change to make weight loss work and you sound very ready!! Congrats on taking this step! I was over 200lbs at one point as well, and it is hard, but nothing feels better than getting back under the 200lbs mark and you are almost there!!

Oh and I have a "very fit" husband, who eats whatever he wants!! Lucky him!!

Patty
nometabolism74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #3  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello, fellow Vancouverite!

So glad to have you join us. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I'm glad you're doing what's best for you in so many aspects of your life, and it sounds like you have the right attitude for success.

See you around!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hey there! I just wanted to say HELLOOOO! I live on the island, my name is Courtnie and I will be 22 in a couple weeks! Welcome to 3fc, hope it works for you like it has for me!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there all you far far westerners . . . don't forget to drop in on us at the CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB once in awhile . . . here's a link to the current thread . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116579 . . .

Hope to see you soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. It's great to see people at all stages of their weight loss - it's so inspiring!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote