Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #1  
I need Motivation

S/C/G: 135/135/95

Height: 5'0

Red face Hi, Marie here. I need Motivation & Encouragement...

HI, Nice to meet everyone. I would like to ask for motivation and encouragement. I'm 23 yrs old currently, and i know this sounds silly but I'm kind of insecure in a way that I always wear "winter" clothes for winter, spring, fall AND Summer! and I wanna change it since i'm getting older, I wanna be more confident and wear sexy clothes. I never wear sleeveless clothes. So in order for me to feel better, I'm trying to lose 35 pounds now and finally wear the clothes I've been dreaming about

Nice to meet everyone!

P.S. - I started last month w/ 143 lbs...

Last edited by kitkit; 06-23-2007 at 02:16 AM.
kitkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Welcome!

What is your exercise and eating plan? This is a great place to get support and encouragement. There are forums of all types.
betsysunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 AM   #3  
I need Motivation

I'm only 5'1, so I set myself to eat about 1,000 calories a day. and every other day I run. and maybe 1 0r 2 times a week i also try to exercise at home like "dancercise" for 30 min - 1 hour.

kinda started last month... but i get tempted to have a "cheat day" or aka "reward day" where I eat alot ... maybe 2000 calories.

Should I do something else?

thanks for the reply betsy
Old 06-23-2007, 02:13 AM   #4  

Welcome and good luck
bethmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #5  

Although you might see initial quick results with your daily calorie count set so low, a lot of women have experienced weight loss slowdowns if they eat fewer than 1,200 calories a day--especially if they're already at a healthy BMI (as you are ) and are engaging in regular exercise like running. With that few calories, your body tends to think something is wrong (like famine) and wants to hold on to as much as possible, so your metabolism can slow down. So when you ask if you should do something different, I'd say yeah, think about increasing your daily calories. I know it seems counter-intuitive! Did you jump right down to 1,000 calories or did you have a different range before that?

Incidentially, I find I have LESS of a desire to have "cheat days" when I up my calorie count a bit and it is much easier to
1. Eat multiple times a day (six or so)--which will speed up your metabolism
2. Push yourself in your workouts (I'm a runner too, so this benefit is really great).
3. Meet your nutritional needs (the lower you go, the harder it is to fit in everything that your body needs)
4. Maintain your weight loss (go too low and when you reach your goal weight and add a few calories back, your body will pack on weight because it doesn't know when the next "famine"--a.k.a, starvation diet--will occur).

Good luck!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:38 AM   #6  
I need Motivation

Hi beth thank you.

and also

Hi Betsy! Thank you sooo much for the Advice !!!!!!!!!! Now that's real good news!!! yay! so 1200 calories? okay. I'll try to do that. I think I can manage to eat a few more food! no problem. hehehehe!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:43 AM   #7  

LOL! Eating more food=never a problem for me.

Don't worry if you see the scale jump up a tiny bit when you add a couple hundred calories back to your day. You'd just be regaining a bit of the water weight that you lost before. The weight should come right back off--and you'll have better long-term results.