Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #1  
Jan

S/C/G: 264

Height: 5'5"

Default Gotta do it this time!

I'm Jan, mom of four, and wife of 13 years to a man who loves me even though I'm not the woman that he married. Because of the weight gain, I've become mean and hateful most of the time.

My daughter's friends have started teasing her because of her fat mom. It makes me sad that it happens. It makes me sad to look in the mirror. It makes me sad that my intimate relationship with my husband is suffering.

Sooooo, I'm going to lose this weight! I want to ride the roller coasters, jump on the trampoline, and wear a swimsuit without a skirt! Most importantly, I want to look in the mirror again and say "You are one sexy woman!"

I'm beginning this journey at 264 pounds. I'm going to wean myself away from soda over the next week, and stop going back for seconds at mealtime. I'm also going to walk the stairs for 30 minutes a day if I can't do anything else. My bp is high, I have depression, and I have trouble breathing when I carry the laundry upstairs. By Christmas, I WILL NOT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF MY WEIGHT AND SEDENTARY LIFESTYLE!!!

I hope to lose 120 pounds by December 2008. After that, the "sexy mama" will be back
JFor474270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 277/260/150

Height: 5'8"

I too will be starting over! Good luck, I know you can do it.
seh97001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #3  
Counting Calories is fun!

S/C/G: 201/192/148

Height: 5' 8"

Jan ~ You're taking the first important step. Good for you! So many people here have such inspirational stories to keep you motivated. You'll also find lots of support.

Samantha ~ Good luck to you too!
AnneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

hello and welcome you can do anything you set your mnind too
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #5  
NeverFatWhenIDream

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Jan! One trick I use to use, one of the many times I was successful losing weight, was to eat on a smaller plate. I use to also eat slowly if I could and once I noticed I was no longer hungry I would do something like pour catsup or salt all over the food that was left to keep from eating it. Also, you can have seconds if you have lots of veggies to take instead of other useless foods. I know it is not easy as I continue to have a hard time with my weight. I wish you lots of luck over your new journey.

AM
NeverFatWhenIDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #6  
k8t
k8t

Hi Jan,
Good luck to you. I'm new at this site too and am determined to lose my weight.

K8t
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote