Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 319/ticker/190

Height: 5'7"

Talking Sayin' howdy!

Hi, all--
Just introducing myself. I'm a 51-year-old librarian from 'round Boston. Been fat pretty much since puberty, when I went on my first diet. I don't think I ever actually got off of that diet: just changed food lists! Anyways, I've hit the over 300 mark, and, at my age, health is becoming an issue. My knees are getting dicey, my menopause is fast approaching, and I am wanting to travel to those places I could never afford, in the ways I wish to do them (I'm talkin' walkin'--a LOT! in lots of interesting places....)

I'm also thinking about mortality, and turning into one of those people who have to use a cane before their hair has turned gray. I'm sorry, I really, really don't want to go there. So, I have to get on the bandwagon--somehow.

I'm asking you all for support. I've been poking about this site, reading posts and searching for answers. I've decided I'd best make myself known, and start posting. This is a heck of a journey I'm on. I'm highly motivated, have some goals (London in October!), and I'm interested in meeting all of you.
miradoblackwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:52 PM   #2  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

This is a great website, and very supportive. Visit lots of the forums and you will find one that feels like home. Hope to see you around some of my faves. BTW I AM that gray haired old lady hobbling around with a walker. Have you ever been in England before? I love it. Been there 5 times now, all over the place.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/ticker/190

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Jerie! Yes, I have! That's when I learned that I'm not as young as I feel! Of course, I walked MILES, and took an enormous amount of aspirin. This trip, come October, is just because the last one was so profound to me. Went by myself, got LOST, every day (I had great intentions, just have no sense of direction, and discovered all sorts of cool things). Have you been?
Susan
miradoblackwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #4  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default Welcome, Susan!

Hi, Susan...I turned 61 this year <gulp>...and made up my mind that I wasn't going to need a cane (or a portable oxygen pump! I quit smoking on January 1 !!!!) to get around, AND that I WAS going to do plenty of getting around! I'm now riding my mountain bike for a minimum of 45 minutes a day after work. Longer on weekends. Especially since finding a seat that doesn't hurt my bum. Welcome to 3FC! I'll be more than happy to give you (and receive) some support! And by the way - you CAN do it, lady!

I post mostly in the over-fifty category - Golden Girls. Some are just hitting up on 50, some are crones like me. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like.

Best regards,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC! I totally know what you mean about wanting to be able to travel and see the world. At my highest weight I could barely get around anymore and I realized just how much I was missing! I grew up around Boston (Concord to be specific) and spent much of my youth exploring the city and its great museums. I hated the fact that I got to the point I couldn't do that with any joy anymore.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote