Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/152/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking Hello from Minnesota

Hello everyone!! I can't believe I stumbled across this site and I just love it!! I just joined today and I am SO excited.

First, I have been a dieter all of my adult life. Took 9 months off three times - you can guess why. Two boys and one girl. Anyway, I am always on a diet! I'm rarely succeeding though! I also exercise weekly - but I go months where I only exercise once a week so I need LOTS of help staying motivated! A part of me knows it has to be a lifetime change and not just a "diet", but the other part refuses to give up white bread and chocolate forever - but I'm working on it!

Turned 40 last year and it is even harder to lose weight than it was before. It used to be hard just to maintain, but now it's harder to lose too! This darned aging thing is for the birds!

Anyway, glad to be on board and am looking forward to all the support and advise I can get from this site!
Jayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
but the other part refuses to give up white bread and chocolate forever
The great part about it being a lifestyle change...you don't have to give up anything forever. You can make room for the occasionally less-healthy choices by making good choices the majority of the time. The difference is deciding that one less healthy choice isn't going to set off a whole bunch of other less healthy choices.

And you DEFINITELY don't have to give up chocolate. Lots of our maintainers or success stories eat a bit of chocolate every day - and I'm one of them. Of course, the chocolate now comes in dark form, or more commonly, in a chocolate protein shake with extra cocoa powder. 165 calories of high protein chocolate milkshake bliss.

Keep posting and get to know us, and we'll provide tons of motivation and ideas.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #3  

Default Forever...

I guess forever was too strong. I just know that when I give myself permission to have a "little" I go overboard! Total admiration for those that can have a little everyday and keep it to that!

We have cookies and bite size chocolates at my work that are available to me everyday so I was overindulging and am now just trying to avoid them all together. I think maybe I'll grab a bite size almond joy or snickers in the morning and keep it all day and eat it on the way home. That way I don't have another one so close at hand - I'm very good at going back into the box and grabbing more once I start!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:58 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh, I'm the same way. When I do allow myself a chocolate candy, I buy a -single- lindt truffle at the bookstore. Once a week or less.

We call those "once I start I can't stop" foods "trigger foods". You have to avoid them, at least for a while, true. But you also lose your taste for them after a while. Or you learn to do without them.

Its a learning process, but you'll get there!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

welcome and good luck
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 125/110

Height: 5'2

What are some of the substitutes you keep arround in case you do get cravings for chocolate? Or a sweat tooth for something like say gummi bears lol....
mottos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #7  

Default No substitutes

I actually don't have anything around - although in the past I have had those single servings of pudding. Fortunately/unfortunately I don't quite crave them - but if they are around I will start and can't stop!! So best to avoid them. At least for now.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 125/110

Height: 5'2

I got kids in the house 3 of them its hard not to have it arround but pudding would be a good sub :-/
mottos is offline   Reply With Quote