Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/260/120

Height: 5'6

Smile NEw and Lost

Hello everybody, I am new and very lost, I wanted to get one of those rulers with the weight but didn't know how to. Well this is my first time here, and i am only 20 and been overweigt all my life, i have always been tired of it, but it's so hard to get into a diet. My parents used to make me feel bad about my weight so i would lose weight, but that seemed to encouraged me to eat more, now i'm trying to lose but don't know how to start. I heard the informational about Shapely Secrets, but it's too expensive 4 me. I am desperate can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!
Dieter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Dieter12 -

I am a calorie counter so I'm kind of biased, but it does have its advantages:

1. Its free!
2. The information needed is readily available
3. There are great resources to help! (www.fitday.com is one)
4. It works! (See Before and After posts from rockinrobin for proof! Or MANY MANY others on this board).

Most people on the board don't think of this as a "diet". The problem with diets is that you eventually go off of them. For me, I had to change my LIFESTYLE - the way I eat, the way I move, and the way I run my life...not for some set period of time, or until I lost x amount of weight, but for LIFE. The great part is, this is a better life - healthier, more fun, and happier than the life I had before.

Maybe to help with feeling overwhelmed, you can start with baby steps? Start with drinking more water and eliminating high calorie drinks. Once you have that down, step it up...add more veggies or eliminate one or more "trigger foods" (foods that you have trouble controlling when you eat them). Start incorporating some light exercise (walking, or start how I did - mini trampoline jumping!).

Once you've done that, there are TONS of resources here to help you take that next step. You can absolutely do this, all it takes is some trade-offs...trading less healthy decisions for healthy ones, trading a bit of couch-time for a bit of exercise time...keep making those choices and you will be on your way to a healthier you in no time.

I look forward to hearing more from you...keep posting!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote