Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-10-2007, 06:36 AM   #1  

Talking Another Newbie

Hi there. I have a lot to lose, about 130lbs I think (exact amount is in my sig) and have recently got serious about losing it. More serious than I have ever been, actually. I have signed up to Fitness First gym who have given me a weightloss programme and assessment every six weeks. I have also been to the weightloss clinic at my surgery and have been prescribed Xenical, which I have been taking for four days now.

I find that when I exercise I am able to manage my appitite much easier so I am going with the idea that exercise is key to my weightloss. I am also keeping a food diary to make sure I do not go overboard with food. That said, I am not likely to overeat with the side effects associated with Xenical, LOL.

It is great to see so many people who have lost the amount of weight that I need to lose. It is really inspiring as at times it feels like too big a job. But I am more motivated that ever right now - so wish me luck!
clairec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and good luck - we're all in this together.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #3  
Counting Calories is fun!

S/C/G: 201/192/148

Height: 5' 8"

I'm relatively new myself. Welcome! I know you'll find lots of inspiration here as well as support. I just started using the FitDay online food diary and it's been a real eye-opener for me! I'm counting calories and trying to step up my exercise plan (although I hurt my back a week ago, so I'm on hold for a few more days).

Anyway, good luck on your journey!
AnneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcomes and support, guys. It means a lot and will really help me along.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:36 AM   #5  
+Sarah+

S/C/G: 137/134/115

Height: 4'11

good luck! i'm pretty new too. it looks like your on the right track! your tracker says you have lost 6 pounds, good job! +
spgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #6  

Thanks, Sarah. Yes 6 pounds so far...