Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #1  

Default Messed up with what to Eat (would like a mentor)

Hi I am new here and am feeling a bit messed up on what to eat! Eat this don't eat that !!! Yipes........I know all the diets but cannot seem to know whats best for me to eat FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!! I have tried many diets lose 25-30 lbs then re gain it again and again.I am 41 and want to have a healthy weight for my 5 ft frame....I know I cannot eat sweets as I Binge on them and I cant eat at night cause i blow the whole day..what I am hoping for here is to find a mentor to maybe help me do what "WORKS" so I can stop the felling of insanity and self punishing that i am feeling today!! I have al WW books and also Dr Phils Weightloss Solution.....but if anyone here can help this carbaddict to get on with her life, I will surely be forever greatful!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am loving all the things I have been reading here and the BF and After pics are amazing........pls someone if you would be willing to help......let me know!

Thanks so mUCH!!!

AbsolutelyAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/139/105

Height: 5 ft 1

I am the same age as you and one inch taller and about 5 lbs less. I struggle with the same issues, esp the yo yo'ing and sweets. Bakeries and baked goods just call my name. I try to substitute things like fudgsicles. Also, I stay away from soda (even diet) because it seems to make my cravings intensify. However, that could just be me. I have been struggling so I know where you are coming from. Do you exercise? I find that helps a lot too. I don't want to take away the good I do after a workout by binging on sweets. And I cut my eating off at 7 pm - this could work for you if you have issues with night eating. Another idea is to buy those tooth whitening kits. If you are whitening your teeth at night you can't eat (seems silly, but it works). I wish you the best of luck. It is a daily struggle. I too want to lose that last 25 to 30 and have been up and down this whole year. We can make this the summer we lose it all!
ann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #3  

For the most part I eat regular food. I do eat alot more fruits and vegetables.
Take for instance I used to eat 2 cups of spaghetti and a couple pieces of garlic bread. Now I eat 1 cup of spaghetti and one cup of mixed veggies and no bread. I do eat bread. I like to get that double fiber bread and I often eat peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast. Some times I get that Sara Lee low calorie bread.
I have made some changes. I buy diet drinks like diet coke and crystal lite drink.
I use fat free mayo and I eat fat free cheese, but this is not a requirement. The biggest thing is I keep a food diary. I find if I am not accountable for what I eat, I eat way too much. I am also trying to increase my fiber which helps you lose weight. I am eating fiber one cereal and fiber one cereal bars.
I use the bars as snacks and I eat two snacks a day. Yogurt made with splenda, fresh fruit, bars low fat popcorn, and other low calorie foods make great snacks. Those 100 calorie bags of cookies make a good snack, too.
I hope this helps.
betty
GrandmaBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #4  
Smart Choices!!

S/C/G: 160/154/130

Height: 5'6"

Default this may help

Hi, how are you? I am right at the same weight as you but 6" taller. One thing that works great for me is to never say "well, I blew today, might as well start again in the morning"

Look at sections of your day.

ie-went out with the girls for breakfast and that donught was great, so for lunch I will plan on grabbing a veggie subway and forgoing mayo and using extra veggies and opt for baked chips and for dinner, a roasted chix breast and steamed veggies with lemon and thyme should balance it out nice. That doughnut didn't kill my day, it was a nice little treat for a special moment!

It might help to know what I do, and I am a true carb addict. NEVER EVER combine carbs and protein. Want a sandwich..have really good whole grain bread with a bit of good mustard and a touch of mayo (if you need it) and sprouts, tomato, avacado..NO cheese...NO meat. Want meat...veggies only with it, steamed, sauteed in sesame oil and finished with tamari (soy sauce), or even tossed with a 50/50 mix of butter (not margerine) and olive oil and herbs. By sticking with this I can eat pretty much anything but have dropped 6 lbs in the last week and I still use half and half in my coffee. Another great tip is a piece of fresh fruit 30 min before dinner, you will eat less and have that sweet tooth satisfied.
Celastrina is offline   Reply With Quote