Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-31-2007, 12:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5' 6"

Default Newbie

Good evening! I have an appointment tomorrow evening at a weight loss clinic here in town. I was up to 281.6 a few years ago & got on Weight Watchers & lost down to about 215. I let the busy-ness and stress of life...as well as finances get the best of me & quit WW. I'm back up to about 270 again. <sigh>

I'm ready to start something new. I'm tired of having only a few items of clothing to fit me & refuse to go out & buy a bunch of stuff that is bigger than I want to be.

I'm a mother of four (two biological sons, 17 & 15 and two internationally adopted daughters, 13 & 9) and the wife of a great man. My husband and I own our own business and are in leadership in our church's orphans' ministry. As you can tell, I don't live a quiet life.

Ok, back to my weight loss. The clinic I'm going to is called Advanced Weight Loss. They do a reduced calorie diet, advocate water and exercise and use lipotropic injections and appetite suppressants. I've never been a big fan of using medicine to lose what my own poor habit got going...but I've looked into it and actually think it looks like a good program. I've seen quite a bit from folks who've used similar programs sucessfully.

I'm excited. I'm wanting to lose weight to look better, to feel better, to have a healthier future and so when I fly to visit family in September, I don't have to worry about "encroaching" or seatbelt extenders.

I'm looking forward to the support & encouragement that I hope to find here.
Stacie
MamacitaFlaca2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:35 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Welcome and good luck on your weight loss, this is a great place to be!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Extremely happy to have you here! Sounds like you have the right mind frame and the motivation!

I think having a support group to go to and be accountable to is very important..however (and this is just my humble opinion) I think you could do it without the medications. You did it before...I think if you stick with if for the long haul that you can do it with calorie counting and exercise (basically what you did with WW). That is what a majority of the people on this website do and these people are a great support group. These people are always here for me when I'm not in class which is all week except for one hour!..

I'm all about all-natural, and doing things the way God intended. He didn't intend for us to inject ourselves with things to help us lose weight....(although like I said, just my opinion) Whatever choice you make we're all here to support you and will help you with whatever you may need help or advice with. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5' 6"

Thank you all for the welcome. I went to the clinic today and weighed in. I'm glad I caught it before I got up to my highest weight again.

I'm looking forward to seeing some success. I agree that I could do it with WW or reducing calories and increasing exercise. I don't normally go for the pharmaceutical alternatives...but with this, I'm just to the point where I feel the need to get things kick started.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here & getting support & encouragement from you all...and giving that same support & encouragement back, too!
Stacie
MamacitaFlaca2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck I believe you can do it with reducing calories and exercise and it costs nothing. I am not criticizing your choice and want to hear how it works for you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote