Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Default Newbee from Kentucky

Well i finannly found a home looks like. i hope i set the tracker and everything right.

About me: 30 years old.. married, one son that I homeschool age 7, Been fighting weight since 13. At that age I was the same hightth i am now.. 5'6" but weighed 125. Then in high school at age 16 i was 175lbs... lost it down to 135 at age 18 got married and slowly gained back up to 175 + . At age 22 the day I had my son i was 210. Lost it all back down to 175 in about a month or so..... now here i am 30yrs old... and 210.

Hubby is also fighting the battle of the buldge.... but he is 40 and 6'2". He hasnt lost anything in years just slowly gained to 240. He started working in a meat processing plant and the sight nd smell of the meat has made him want to stop eating meat and start eating veggies.

FINE BY ME! I have been tring to get him to cut the meat some for years and eat a salad but he wouldnt. So cooking for him was so tempting for me to eat. I never lost no matter how hard i tried.

Now i have some hope! For about 2 weeks e have cut out meat and i do feel better. No pop either. My son finally learned to ride a bike and so me and hubby got some to join in. My son is always saying " Lets ride!"

Well i hope to make good friends here. Ta for now!
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #2  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the site. I haven't been here very long but I saw you were from KY and thought I would say hello!! I weighed a little more than you when I started but I too have been struggling with my weight since middle school. I wasn't a chubby child I was pretty skinny actually, but I developed a thyroid condition which didn't help with the whole puberty issue. I am lighter now than I ever was in high school . I remember always wanting to wear my Mom's clothes and could never fit into them, she wore a 2 or so. I never really thought anything about my weight in grade school until a friend said I was "chubby"{great friend huh?}But that was forever ago and I'm just now starting to do something about it, wonder what took me so long?? Anyway congratulations on taking that first big step. Good luck!
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote