Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/182/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello from Washington State

Hi All - I've been lurking a while but decided it's time to dive in. I do okay eating healthy meals and am hit & miss on the exercise -- but I am a horrible snacker -- no willpower whatsoever! So I'm hoping to use these forums as my crutch to get me through those times instead of eating junk or smoking (I'm also trying to quit once and for all.)
boohgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/185.5/145

Hey! I'm new to the website also! Good Luck on not eating junk and quitting smoking. Quitting smoking is probably the best thing you could do for your health, but I know it must be soooo hard!
Court1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:56 PM   #3  

Hi, Boohgirl!

Where are you in Washington? I'm in Seattle. Ew, warm days like today make me feel so lumbering and sweaty! But all the more reason to lose the weight, right?

Good luck and welcome!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #4  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

welcome girl. i too am in washington. i'm in the olympia area. this site is awesome! i quit smoking a month ago and it wasn't as bad as i thought. now i am trying to quit drinking soda and finding out that my addiction to cola is WAY worse than my smoking addiction ever was!

cat
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi,
I just joined yesterday and am really happy to have joined! I live in Sedro-Woolley, WA. which is close to Mount Vernon.
I'm trying to do the Dr. Phil diet. Bread is the one thing I crave the most but on the first 14 days you don't have ANY bread...so it's been sort of hard and I'm only on the 3rd day of it.
Exercise is another trouble spot for me....I don't do it. I have a beautiful new treadmill and don't use it. Every morning I say I'm going to get on it but I don't do it. I'd rather be out in the yard working....even though I take a lot of breathers even doing that.
Anyhow, I've come here for motivation and to also get people motivated!!
So here's to all us newbies!!! Just remember...slow but steady is the healthy way!!
toodles,
Debbie
Debbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/268/150

Height: 5'0"

Welcome to the site. I also live in Seattle. I know what you mean about soda being so addictive. Soda and cheese puffs are my biggest things to give up.
TeresaR is offline   Reply With Quote