Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/165/140

Height: 5'4

Default New and (somewhat) improved

Hi!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I used to post at another diet forum, but I've heard nice things about you all so I thought I'd switch.

A little bit about me ... I'm 26, female, 5'4, and down to a fairly fit 165 after hitting my all-time highest weight of 210 last April.

Unfortunately, I've been bumping around between 160 and 170 for about 6 months -- I work out plenty, but I need to figure out how to maximize my WL through tweaking my diet and exercise. I follow South Beach, but it's not working as well as it used to. But I'm determined to find a new way. I've come this far, after all.

As much as I'd love to get down to 130, I think certain parts of my anatomy can only be corrected through surgery (though we'll see). So I set my goal about 10 lbs higher to take that into account.

My current workout regimen is exercise 5x/week for about an hour. I'm working my way up to at least 45 mins per day.
shertz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Nice to have you here! You said you were exercising regularly, but you didn't mention weight training. Are you lifting weights? Adding some muscle mass can shrink you in inches, and burn more calories, which might be just what you need to come in to home plate!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #3  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/165/140

Height: 5'4

Hi!!!

Jennifer -- thanks for the advice -- I do lift (1x week with a class and 1x week I do a circuit set up by my gym), but it;s entirely possible I'm not lifting in the right way.
possible that I'm not eating correctly.

I set a goal to lose 5 lbs by July 4. I feel like if I can get the process started again, home plate won't be so far away.
shertz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote