Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #1  

Default New & Lost

Hi everyone. My name is Wendy and I'm not really new to 3FC just been on a hiatus. I've been here for every diet I've been on in the past 2 years. WW, Nutrisystem and currently LAWL. I've never been that big of a poster, always thougth that even though you guys were here to offer support, it wasn't going to help me. I have to want it for myself. And believe me I do. I'm just scared to let go of the way that I'm eating... I love food and I'm a binge (no purge) closet eater. I will eat fine in front of people but when no one is looking I gorge myself. I feel guilty doing it but then I turn around and do it again. It's hard for me to stop as much as I want to. Like I said, I'm scared. I've been doing LAWL since (off and on) Jan 19 and so far I've lost 20 and currently gained 10. I've been off track. I'm not sure this is the plan for me and I hate that I've wasted so much money. I want to lose the weight but like others, I'm waiting on that magic pill. I know that there isn't one but I can't figure out which diet is right for me.

I have a wedding coming up in 4 months. I'm the biggest bridesmaid. I had to pay $15 extra since I had to buy a plus size. I want to lose the weight and show everyone I can do it. I just don't have the energy. I can't change the diet mentality to life style change.

I know I'm a nut case, but there aren't too many people around me that understand. I'm sorry to unload all this on you, I mean I just met you I have no where else to turn, except food. I just don't know where I fit in.
WendyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't think your a nut case at all. I think you are smart to want to improve your health.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #3  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I sympathize with you honey! You aren't a nut case, just human. We all have issues. You are right that you have to want it for yourself but everyone has bad days. I have tried numerous diets that didn't work because they were too restictive and I can't live like that. Alot of people can but I can't. I too binge on food sometimes. I love food! What helped me was to start writing down everything (water, soda, any and all food etc) that I put into my mouth. Once I realized how many calories and how much fat that I was eating, it was a real wake up call. I calorie count now and it's working great. I had 2 BIG binges last week but still kept track of everything and I lost 2.2 lbs. Now don't get me wrong I am not condoning binging but for some of us it does happen. Because I am writing everything down it does deter the binging. I used to binge every night after everyone was asleep now I just look at it like do I really want to sit there at 2am and write everything down, is it really worth it. So I roll over and go back to sleep.
As far as fitting in...it's overrated . I'm not normal, never have been and never will be. I like who I am as a person I just want to be healthy and that'll take losing some weight. I just kind of made a niche for myself. This place is great for that. We're all here with a common goal and a common issue...weight loss and weight so if that's what you're here for then you fit in.
I doesn't matter what diet or program you use just as long as you give it your best and it's something that can work with your lifestyle. Oh and the ladies here are great about emotional support and advice on every level not just dieting. So just jump on in...we're here for ya!
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #4  

Thanks for the motivation.
I've got a lot of weight to lose (about 80-100 lbs). I'm not sure what will work for me. I've done it all and I think you are right. Restrictive diets don't work. I just need to suck it up and try something. About two years ago I did WW and lost about 48lbs, then gained all but 20 back. Which isn't too bad. What I liked about it, was the different choices. I could go anywhere and stay within my points range. I wasn't restricted. Now I'm doing LAWL and am having a hard time. It is very restrictive and I binge more now then I ever did. Looks like I know what works for me. I'm also going to join a gym. I talked to my mom and I'm going to join with her. The motivation will be great for me.

Not to mention, I will be using this site a lot.
WendyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #5  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

welcome out of the "lurker's" shadow!

i personally swear by WW. I am on my second go with it and doing well. I lost 50 pounds the first time around, but then stopped following the program and wondered why on earth it came back! D'oh!!!! *slaps hand to forehead*

This site has been a godsend! great people here to bounce your ideas, frustrations, emotions and more importantly your VICTORIES off of

Stop here and smell the roses
CrimsonClover is offline   Reply With Quote