Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #1  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

Angry Scales should be outlawed

I've wanted to lose weight for some time. It just keeps piling on! I turn my back for about a year or so and step on the scale and I'm a mere pound away from 300lbs. I'm shocked. I've never been this heavy before, ever.

I blame it all on my boyfriend, since it's easier to shift the blame elsewhere After meeting him I sort of stopped trying to impress anyone. Ate what I wanted, when I wanted. And it shows now. He loves me no matter what I weigh, but I still feel like crap.

This run in with the scale monster makes me want to get up and do something. But it seems like I have such a huge mountain to climb that I don't know where to begin. It's always hard taking that first step, and a million times harder to keep on walking.
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #2  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Oh yes, scales are evil...I know what you mean! Consider that shocker a form of motivation. It is good to check the scales once in a while, though, preferrably more often than every year. It's easier to put the blame elsewhere as you say. I blamed my medications. Then I blamed my husband who is also overweight. Now I am blaming my food addiction and my own actions. It was me that kept going to the buffets. It was me that decided that exercise wasn't any fun and it was more fun to be a vegetable in front of the tv. It was also me that made pasta every week, making sure to have 2 BIG plates of it! I also stopped trying to impress anyone when I met my hubby, but you know what? Now we have to impress ourselves! Start with smaller goals...break it up. I saw someone on here that is losing 10lbs 10 times. That sounds a lot more doable than losing 100lbs. Maybe start even smaller: "today I will drink 2 liters of water and I will eat a healthy salad with my dinner." Then keep adding small changes...they add up!

Kudos to you for starting your journey! I find this site very motivating. Good luck!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote