Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/209/165

Height: 5'8"

Red face Midwest jiggle in the middle

Hi all - I'm a newbie! I'm 46, 5'8", and have been struggling with my weight all my life. As a teen/early 20's I was anorexic to stay thin. My metabolism has always been so slow that even with extreme excersize I have to stay under 1200 calories a day to just maintain my weight. A large milkshake a day and a very light supper such as a bowl of cereal would do me fine and kept me at a cute 129 pounds for many years. To lose weight with exercise my calorie intake must go down below 1000 calories, tho the doc's can't figure it out. (Thyroid is fine - had it checked). I stopped starving myself and now I'm over 200 pounds. I eat very little sweets, no fried foods, and no sugared soft drinks. I've been diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic where I produce plenty of insulin but my cells just reject it. So what does my insurance do? - requires meds that increase insulin! I gained 20 pounds in 2 weeks last fall. Switched meds and am stable again - but I need to drop the weight. Maybe a support group might keep me on track. Glad to meet all of you - I've been reading threads with great interest!
molinetransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #2  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!

Wish you the best of luck!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Wow - that must be really frustrating to have medicine you need cause you to gain weight. Good luck with your goals - we're all here to support you
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

How frustrating that must be for you! Have you tried exercising to help speed up your metabolism? it also helps the body use the insulin you produce more effectively. I know I can not loose withought exercise.

I wish you good luck!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:58 PM   #5  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I hope that the dr's can find a good solution for you!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote