Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/264/171

Height: 5ft. 6.5 inches

Default Let me Introduce Myself....

Myself! <grin> I love that line from that movie... can you name it?

So..... I'm new to site. I am not looking for a diet -- I want to make changes that become a permanent part of my life. As a working mom of 2, I grab a lot of food on the run and as a result, have a lot to show for it. I want to teach my kids healthy habits and want them to know that the dining room does not have golden arches and Wendy is the girl from Peter Pan.

I have lost weight before (WW- 50 pounds three years ago) and gained it back (plus 30 more!). I don't know what plan I'm going to follow now. I need a plan, I know that much. But I need to take it slow at first and build up as I learn more. My first goal is exercise. I am currently walking 20 minutes a day and that is what got me started on weight loss again.

Thanks for reading this. Looking forward to meeting people and getting/giving support!

~PrettyGoodYear
PrettyGoodYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, PrettyGoodYear!

I'm a big (ahem, no pun intended!) Tori fan so your username caught my eye. I lost 30 pounds on WW 4 years ago and gained it all back, plus 20 more, so we're in the same boat. It sounds like you've made a great start with the exercise - good luck!
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:54 AM   #3  
45 lbs down!

S/C/G: 278/232/199

Height: 5'6

Welcome! I'm also a Tori fan so now I'm going to have that darn song stuck in my head the rest of the night! I also did the WW thing many years ago, lost alot gained it all back plus some. And I'm also a mother of 2 and agree completely about wanting my children to pick up better habits (easier to change it now compared to when they are older).
This is a wonderful place for motivation, support, encouragement, inspiration or just a plain old kick in the butt if needed. There are all kinds of weight loss plans here, check them out and see which would fit your lifestyle.
Again welcome, great job on your loss so far and good luck on your loss in the future!
TammyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

"Allow myself to introduce... myself." Austin Powers, yeah baby!

I definitely believe that if you've lost before, you can do it again! Good luck and welcome to 3FC!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/264/171

Height: 5ft. 6.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien View Post
"Allow myself to introduce... myself." Austin Powers, yeah baby!

I definitely believe that if you've lost before, you can do it again! Good luck and welcome to 3FC!
Austin Powers is correct! I love that goofy camp of Mike Meyers!! Thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks Peaceful and TammyD for the welcome... great to meet fellow "Ears with Feet" on this forum. I am listening to American Doll Posse everyday... can't get enough. Tori fought drug addiction; I can fight food addiction.
I'll look around for your posts.
PrettyGoodYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #6  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/223/145

Height: 5'6

Another Tori fan here . I've done Weight Watchers in the past and also at present. I've seen results every time, but then for one reason or another I've just stopped. I've been doing the plan since January and have been quite pleased with the results so far. I'm also the mommy of 2 little boys, ages 3 years and the other is 10 months. Already I've seen tremendous changes in my 3 year old's eating habits. Okay....enough rambling from me. See what having excellent taste in music attracts?
NINophile is offline   Reply With Quote