Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/252/195

Height: 6'4

Default My Drive for 195....

Hello to everyone. I'm one of the growing number of men who seem to be finding this site worthwhile. I've been lurking for a while, but finally decided to go public with my story and goals. Nothing inspirational, but necessary nonetheless.

I am in my late thirties and have always been the "athletic" sort. I play golf regularly, though I use a cart mainly due to the topography of the course I play and my current fitness level. I weigh 252 lbs which I carry fairly well on my 6'4 frame, but I definitely have a bulge around the middle of which I am not proud.

When I graduated from High School, I was already 6'4, but I weighed a whopping 145 lbs. My coaches constantly did things to try and put weight on me. Little did we know, all it took was getting married and leading a more sedentary life. Unfortunately, I have balooned to the point where I am not happy with myself and want to get back in better shape.

My goal is to reach 195 lbs and weight train to tone up my muscles. My biggest problem is portion sizes and sweets. I lost almost 30 lbs two summers ago mainly by cutting out soft drinks and candy completely and not going back for seconds at dinner. Unfortunately, I fell of the wagon and the weight comes back a lot faster than it goes away.

So, nice to meet everyone officially. Many of you will be my motivation and inspiration in the months to come. I'll see you at the finish line!
MINI Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #2  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Good luck with everything...you can do it!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Glad your trying this site out. We all are doing our own thing with one common goal. To get healthy. Good luck to you.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome. I had to laugh at the statement "all it took was getting married.....". Ain't it the truth. We have lots of women who are weight lifting on the site (something I keep trying to get more involved in). Good luck.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Welcome, you have come to the right place, everyone here is really friendly.
I am sure if you put your mind to it , you can do it!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote