Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2007, 03:17 AM   #1  
Katie

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/135

Default College student trying to lose the Freshmen 30 :(

Hello I just learned about this site yesterday and have already learned a lot of useful things there. I'm 22 and soon to graduate from college and have realized during my time in college I gained 30-35 pounds. I'm trying to take it off plus some additional but it's a struggle with thin friends who eat whatever they like. Still I have a lot of determination and have been going to the gym 5 days a week since March.

I recently joined Weight Watchers with my boyfriend and it's been working out well so far since part of my overeating was because of eating out with him. So at least that aspect is in control now. Hope to meet lots of people!
fireflytrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #2  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Good luck!! That's great that your BF is joining you!! Support makes all the difference!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #3  
Perfection!!!

S/C/G: 238.8/209.8/160

Height: 5'8

Hey! I know what you mean about the freshman 30...I first went to college at home and it was fine...although I always struggled with my weight...then i transfered to a school away and gained about 30+ lbs...I joined WW with my sister, so having your BF join with you is a great way to stay on track! I have the exact same problem with friends, and most of them are okay with the fact that when we go out, it has to be somewhere reasonably healthy.. but some of them are like you can treat yourself one time or its not gonna kill ya...but just tell them that they can eat what they want, and you'll eat what you want....it works for me Good luck with WW!!
rainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #4  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Welcome!

Thats great your BF is doing WW with you. I wish I could get my husband to eat healthy and exercise with me! lol.
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #5  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Good for you, you’ll be glad you decided to nip this in the bud! I gained around 50 lbs in college and I was about my current weight going in, so my highest was around 220 (yikes!). I lost maybe 15 – 20 in the couple years after college, I suspect it had something to do with the drop in my beer consumption, but I didn’t actively start trying to fight my way back down until I had been three years out of school.

So cool that your bf is joining you. Good luck!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/155/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hello! We seem to be in the same boat. I'm 22 and a recent college graduate trying to lose the extra weight I gained during the last few years. I'm also doing WW! Good luck, and feel free to join me in the 20 Something support group and the WW forum.
canarysong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:46 PM   #7  
Katie

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/135

Thanks for all the support guys!
fireflytrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #8  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I gained about 30 pounds my last two years of highschool, and another 30 in college, so I have a long way to go. But I totally relate to that "freshman' weight..and the BF pressuring you to eat our constantly lol.

Nice to meet you.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #9  

Height: 5'0"

I'm in the same boat! Graduated, got married, learned how to cook (like Paula Deen) and the pounds just piled on. Hubby too. Together, he and I are doing the Fat Smash Diet. Best of luck to you!!!
ECCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 PM   #10  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

I'm so there with you! I laugh when people talk about the Freshman 15 - for me it was more like the Freshman 35... But I've been out of school for a year now and I think you'll find it's a lot easier to think about weight loss once you're out of college. My life became a lot more stable when I started working full-time and because I don't have hours of homework each night, I have time to plan and cook good meals and go to they gym regularly. Hopefully you'll find a way to incorporate healthy living into your new post-college routine. Good luck with your weight loss!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/152/122

Height: 5'7"

Default eating out

I don't know if WW pushes the idea that before you even have food delivered to the table, have 1/2 of it packed to go. You still get to eat with your friends, but you don't have to see so much food staring you in the face... and you get a meal later... like the NEXT day. works out nicely. good luck!

ohhh... btw. hopefully you won't look at my weight and think I'm not like other people on the site... i control food carefully, always have.... and am trying to lose a huge percentage of my tbw... so good luck to both of us

sunspell is offline   Reply With Quote