Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #1  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Talking Hi From NY

Hi everyone!

My name is Lonnie, and I'm 27 years old. I have two daughters. Cynthia is 10, and Ashlynn is 16 months old. I work as a CNA, and In the fall i'm going back to school for my LPN.

I'm just going to tell it like it is, and not sugar coat anything. I weighed myself today after watching the BLA marathon. I weigh 290.2. I have been at this diet thing for years. When I was younger I thought I was so fat, and really I wasn't (Now that I look back) I was always the kid in the family who was made fun of constantly because of my weight. I'm so afraid i'm going to fail again, and let myself down. Everytime I fail I wind up gaining my original weight plus some more. I started this horrible pattern when I was 205lbs. I dieted, and got down to 160lbs, and I only had 10 more lbs to go. I figured "I'm skinny now, so i'll only have Mcdonalds once" Well it ended up to be one too many times. My problem is getting motivated to start this, and staying motivated. Once I get started I do really well with eating and exercising, until I get about 2 or3 weeks into it, and thats when I lose motivation, and start eating bad things at enormous amounts. I'm hoping that this site will be a great motivational tool for me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and making some new friends with the same struggles, and goals as me. Thank you for listening to me blab.

~~Lonnie
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #2  

Smile

hi lonnie
My name is maria and im also from new york city.
Like you losing weight is a battle and one that i will never give up the fight until i achieve my goal .
Its hard but doable. im here to wish you luck and offer any support i can give to you on this journey..........
stardream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to both of you. I have found that coming here and typing something rather than eating when I start to feel too weak to keep with this works.
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #4  
Perfection!!!

S/C/G: 238.8/209.8/160

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up

hi lonnie! i know it is hard! i lose motivation too. every other time i tried to lose weight i did great then went right back up....coming on here instead of eating is a great way to keep your weight coming off....i also come up with reasons of why i wanna lose weight...remembering those helps keep me motivated!! i look forward to getting to know you on the boards!! we can do this!!

Rainstorm
rainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #5  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Thumbs up

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Have a great day
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote