Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #1  
Debbie

S/C/G: 230...............175

Height: 5' 6"

Talking I'd like to introduce myself

Hello everyone -

My name is Debbie and I have started yet another diet. I have been overweight as long as I can remember and now I am at my heaviest. Which sucks big time - but I'm trying to be positive. I'm trying to be positive in all aspects of my life right now. Think good thoughts and good will come to you - right???

Anyway, I work in an office and these people are the most eat out people I have ever seen! Every Thursday after the staff meeting, we all go to lunch together. I know I'm in control of my food and what I choose, but how come it seems that if others are large and eating what they want - I tend to overeat myself????

I have given up all white food (starches) for 2 weeks to jump start my diet. Didn't do all that good today. Had Mexican for lunch, but a small portion of it. I did have a snack of chocolate and I haven't had anything sweet to eat all week. I've been trying to munch on carrots and celery when I get hungry.

I just want to make friends, get and give support so I can reach my goal of losing 55 pounds. I know that sounds like a lot, but I'm going to take it one day at a time.

So it's nice to meet you!

debalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #2  
GOODBYE lovehandles!

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome! Oh boy, I can relate to battling the office eat-outs! When I first started working there I was eating out for lunch at the office 5 TIMES A WEEk. Yes, every single workday they would eat out for lunch! Now imagine doing that and still managing to go out for dinner with family and friends a couple times a week. I was more health conscious than the whole office, and slowly I made them see it my way

I'm not really sure how I ended up doing it, but now I have the whole office eating sandwiches and salads 5 days a week. I'm lucky that my office will supply it, but maybe you can convince everyone to get sandwiches, or maybe even buy salad materials from the local store, and you can eat leftovers the rest of the week? If all else fails, eat properly or divulge, when you guys go out, and do your plans the rest of the week. That's what I do when the office just can't handle a salad for another day.
Katytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Debbie!
I also am new here, also am looking to lose 55 lbs. and also battling the "workplace bulge"! I struggle to eat the lunch I bring every day because most of the other people I work with eat take out EVERY DAY! It's usually fast food burgers and fries or the local mexican place (which isn't any healthier!) I've gotten pretty good at bringing my own lunch but there are times when they say "We're getting burritos!" and I just don't want my boring lunch anymore so I get a burrito instead! I guess it just comes down to will power, which is something I need to seriously work on! lol

I know we can do this, we can help eachother!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #4  
:)

Height: 5ft 3

hello im new too...im tryin to get to 200lbs for now...have a good evening
BEGSY is offline   Reply With Quote