Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Another newbie

Hi all. I've been lurking around reading for a week or two when I discovered this site. It seems like an awesome resource!

I have over a 100lb to lose and am on the fence about WL surgery. I'd really like to try to do this without surgery. I've always had a tendency to be heavier, but have managed to stay slim(ish) by being very active. Unfortunately about 7 years ago, life circumstances and an injury kept me inactive and the weight piled on. Then came back surgery. Then I quit smoking after 22 years of a pack a day. And here I am over a 100lbs later.

I joined Weight Watchers about a month ago, and lost about 10lbs and found the point system pretty easy to follow and the weigh-ins and support were good BUT...I didn't feel there was much incentive built in to eat what I consider a healthy, whole-food diet that I could see maintaining for a lifetime, so I quit WW. I'm reading Eat, Drink and Weigh Less which I think is a great philosophy, though I haven't gotten to the nails and bolts part of the diet yet. I joined my local TOPS group and also joined ediets. Though honestly, this site seems better. But I know that support is crucial to success.

Ok, I've rambled enough. I'm 41, I have two wonderful kids: a 7yo DS and a newly-2 DD.

Hope to get to know you all here!
Emily
emilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:13 AM   #2  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

nibs is offline   Reply With Quote