Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/147/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking Hello!

It took me a few weeks of poking my nose around this forum before I decided to take the plunge and join up myself. Everyone's stories are so amazing, and everyone is so supportive I'm not sure why I hesitated for so long. Perhaps its the scary thought that I am now somewhat accountable for my goals, even if it is to people who I've never met. I'm not going to lie, everyone's success stories are a little intimidating, and I hope that I'll be able to accomplish my goals and make someone proud of me

So my story. Not terribly complicated, no blame to put anywhere. I was always the big kid, but big turned into quite fat by highscool. Things just kept getting worse throughout highschool despite joining a gym and making countless resolutions to lost the weight. But I kept gaining, and I hit my highest weight after first year of university. I was 180 pounds at 5'3". My social life was non-existant. I didn't think anyone would want to hang out with me, so I shut myself off before they could reject me. That summer, I decided to go on a serious diet and managed to lose about 30 pounds. Back at school for another year, I put on about 15. That summer, I started work on a horse farm, and lost about 30 pounds. Back at school, up 15, back to the farm, down 15.

So my weight has been hovering around 150 pounds for a few years now. My lowest weight during my fluctuations was 137 pounds, and I think I had about 5 left on me to lose at that point. So here I am, setting my goal at 130 pounds. I am starting an exercise study with a PhD student at my university, involving about 8 weeks of intense interval training. As well, school's just about over so I can start my healthy summer lifestyle again. So my ultimate goal is 130 by June 1.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by CarolynC; 04-04-2007 at 07:08 PM.
CarolynC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:05 PM   #2  
Meg

Hi Carolyn and We're happy you de-lurked!

Please don't be intimidated by the success stories. You're here to write your own success story and we're here to help you in any way that we can.

The exercise program sounds awesome! Please keep us posted on what you're doing.

We're glad you're here!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:43 PM   #3  
Make it a great day!

S/C/G: 196.6/191.2/160

Height: 5'6.5"

WELCOME, CAROLYN! WOW, you've done quite well so far...and your dedication is wonderfully inspiring!

Please come back to this site again, and again, and again...it is so great to share our victories and set-backs with so many going through the same things! Real inspiration here!

Have a blessed Easter...YOU TOO, MEG! Your story is INCREDIBLE, too!
WorkinItGirl1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Perhaps its the scary thought that I am now somewhat accountable for my goals, even if it is to people who I've never met. I'm not going to lie, everyone's success stories are a little intimidating, and I hope that I'll be able to accomplish my goals and make someone proud of me
CarolylC, I too am one that lurks in the back ground. Because I too was scared to just jump in and join somewhere. And found all the success a bit too much when I have failed so often. And now I find that i do fit in somewhere and am slowly getting where I want to be (slowly) But getting there. Please change that HOPE to going to, and first be proud of yourself because that is what it is all about YOU!!!!! WE will be proud of you no matter what. Good luck on your Program, Mary
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote