Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #1  

Default 20somethingandoverweight

hello all

I just joined this group. I am seriously considering losing weight but i find it hard as i am wheelchair bound and cant really do much exercise. I find it really hard to control food cravings and know when to stop eating. The chat room doesn't seem to be working either. ANYWAY My mom and I have recently joined a fitness centre and i also just got a new job so that made me a little more happy however i still feel bad about my appearance no matter how much my boyfriend tells me i'm beautiful.
waltersmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #2  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi waltersmouse!

Welcome!

You have a special situation being wheelchair bound, but you can do all kinds of weights and you can get moving in your chair as well. We have a friend who wins every 5K and 10K... in his wheelchair. He is SO FAST! Also, we go see the wheelchair basketball games. Those guys are fantastic athletes, and they are in great shape, too!

Richard Simmons has a video where all the moves are seated ones. Your library probably has it.

Great idea joining the fitness center. Be sure that the trainers show you all the exercises you can do. I think you will be surprised how many there are!

We all struggle with the food thing! Cravings usually mean that you aren't eating enough of the good and nutritious foods. Try eating more protein and more fiber. Both will fill you up and satisfy you more than empty calories (sugar and white flour).

Glad to have you with us!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #3  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Welcome!!!!

3FC is one of the best places on the web for support, I've found. Being in a wheelchair would be a barrier, to the exercise part. Although as Cheryl said there are definitly options out there.

And as long as you don't have any eating issues, that part shouldn't be hindered! I too find it hard to know when to stop, and control food cravings. What kind of cravings do you get? I myself like the baked goods.... hmmm homemade cookies....

Okay, must stop thinking about the food. Well good luck and welcome to the boards!!!!
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote